GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
D1S 5000k, 6000k and 8000k BULBS ON SALE!!! - ONLY $72.49/bulb [/color] - Direct replacement for your OEM HID bulbs

Tired of your OEM HIDs looking just plain white? Did you want to get more colour out of your OEM HIDs and get the same look as BMW/Audi HIDs? Enhance your lighting with our D1S replacement bulbs. These bulbs are a direct replacement for your OEM HID bulbs and will not require you to modify your vehicle in any way.

Our D1S 5000k bulbs will slightly upgrade your colour temperature to a more "crisp white" output. Please click here for more info:

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Xtreme_HID_5000k_D1S_Bulb_p/xt-d1s-5k.htm

Our D1S 6000k bulbs will upgrade yoru vehicle's lighting to a purplish output.Please click here for more info:

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Xtreme_HID_6000k_D1S_Bulb_p/xt-d1s-6k.htm

Our D1S 8000k bulbs will ugprade your vehicle's lighting to a blue output. Please click here for more info:

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Xtreme_HID_8000k_D1S_Bulb_p/xt-d1s-8k.htm

This is not a group buy. Orders are shipped as they are placed. You do not need to wait for a certain number of people to jump on and take advantage of this offer.
Regular Price - $99.99/bulb

300c Promotional Pricing - ONLY $72.49/bulb!![/color]

THIS IS NOT A GROUP BUY! NO MINIMUM NUMBER OF PEOPLE REQUIRED! ORDERS ARE SHIPPED AS THEY ARE PLACED!!

***To obtain the discounted price, please order from the links above depending on what colour temperature bulb you are intersted in. Upon checkout, please enter in "ACADIA" as the coupon code. You will save $55!**

Please view these links for some non biased customer reviews that have already installed our D1S OEM replacement bulbsin their 300c. You will find some very nice before/after pictures:

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Chrysler_300c_Testimonial_6500k_upgrade_for_fogs_and_lows_s/145.htm

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/Chrysler_300c_Testimonial_6500k_upgrade_for_fogs_and_lows_s/144.htm

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Steve,

I was just informed by my dealership that our 09 SLT-2 is on their lot waiting for us to get back into town and take delivery. We got it with the factory HID headlamps. I am interested in getting your replacement D1S bulbs but I am concerned about longevity.

I had an aftermarket kit in a 95 Accord back in 2003. THis was back when aftermarket HIDs were first hitting the market. The kit was an 8000K kit and I liked the color but I saw that the light output was noticably lower than BMW Acura vehicles with similar colored headlights. Do you know what the lumens output of the factory bulbs is and will the 6000K give a nice blue tone or are they white with a slight bluish tint? The kit bulbs also BOTH blew out after only about 75 hours use. I couldn't contact the company (supposedly based out of New York) that I bought them from to get them replaced under the "warranty." If I do buy your replacement bulbs what is the warranty on them?

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Congrats!

As per your questions:

1) Our bulbs come with a one year warranty that is handled through us. We have been around since 2001 selling HID lighting products and a supporting vendor on this board for quite some time. You can be assured that we will stand behind our product should you require any after sales service and/or support.

2) I personally would not suggest going with an 8k kit as you will lose considerable light output. I would personally suggest going with the 6000k kit if you are interested in upgrading the color output of your OEM HID setup without compensating too much light output. I can also put together a D1 upgrade for you that uses German made Philips 6000k bulbs.

Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Steve,

Got the Acadia and my wife is satisfied with the light of the factory HIDs. Since she will be doing the majority of the wheel work in this car I'm not going to get the upgraded bulbs now. I am interested in the LED interior kit (I mentioned this in the feed in which you advertise the app specific kits) AND an H11 5K or 6K kelvin HID retro kit for the fog lights for my CR-V. Will the 5000K kit give noticeably more light than the 6000K kit? In the CR-V that is my primary concern (especially since I'm putting them in the fog lights).

With the LED kit I have a concern though. I don't see how to replace the bulbs in the interior lighting without removing the housings (the plastic covers are inset in the headliner housings). Is there an easy way to pop out the covers that I'm not seeing?

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Congrats on the new truck!

As per your questions:

1) CR-V: Light output will be similar between 6k and 5k kits. Do you already have HIDs installed in the low beams? What year is the CR-V?

2) Acadia LED Dome Lights: You will need to remove the plastic cover in order to replace the bulbs. I am actually working with an acadiaforum member that will be posting some feedback and DIY guide on installing the LEDs. Hopefully this will help you. I personally do not have an Acadia otherwise I would be out there taking some pics for you.

Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
The CR-V has a reflector housing, not projectors. I am not comfortable putting an aftermarket HID kit in a reflector housing because the cops are pretty particular about that type of mod where I live (since it IS technically illegal to do). If the CR-V had projectors like the Halogen Acadia I wouldn't fret it at all because I had them in an Accord with TYC projectors and never got ANY grief from the 5-0.

I am trying to source some Euro or Japan market factory assemblies- which are OEM HID projectors. They are self-leveling and wheel/curve following if you wire them into the steering electrical inputs. I REALLY want that upgrade on the CR-V! In the mean time, I'll settle for HID fogs because they aren't regulated by DOT and no laws against upgrading them.

I'll likely wait on the pictures from the install on the forum member's Acadia. send me a PM with a link when he/she gets it done. I'd like to do it but not comfortable yanking out my housings and possibly screwing up the liner... the thing only has 350 miles on it and I plan on driving it 'til the wheels fall off. SO, I don't want an eye sore I CAUSED in the interior lighting if ya know what I mean. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts