GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the new Platinum Ice Tricoat color yet? Do you have any pictures you'd share? My hubby wants white (he's the washing machine) and I want Black. Wonder who will be the first to cave??? ???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Are you referring to White Diamond Tricoat?  Or is there a Platinum Ice Tricoat that I don't know about? ???  If so I'd love to see it too.
By the way remerson, I want white (white diamond tricoat) and my Wife wants Red Jewel pearlcoat....But today she said that she saw a ton of the Red Jewel on the road... not sure if that's what she wants now. ;)
Good luck on getting what you want!

·
Registered
159 Posts
White Diamond is now discontinued and Platinum Ice Tricoat is replacing it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Platinum Ice is another pearl white iteration again, but this time (according to the Enclave forum) has a silver first base coat vs. the White Diamond that starts off with a gold base coat. So, where the White Diamond can sometimes give off gold and yellow tints, the Platinum Ice should just be a whiter pearl white, with no real "extra" shades that come out.

Shouldn't bee too different in reality, you just won't have the yellow/gold hue to it anymore, which some like and some don't. Once they actually start being built and shipping, then we'll really know.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm also interested in the Platinum Ice since White Diamond will be discontinued. Someone on another forum said that the White Diamond on their Enclave was prone to chipping.....is this more likely with these Pearl colors? I do not want that hassle!

I would go for the Opal White but don't like the gray part at the bottom. $795 does seem ridiculous for a paint color though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't think there is any truth to the white diamond being more prone to chip. Any paint that gets rocks and pebbles thrown at it at 70 mph is prone to chip!! ;D

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
vic49 said:
Mine chips if a door gets opened against it, instead of a ding, the paint chips off.
Based on other threads, it seems that this is true of all the colors.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am hoping to have headed off some of the paint chipping issues as today I had a 3M invisible mask put on by an installer. It covers the front end, headlights, mirrors, etc. and protects the frontal area from rock chips from passing vehicles or while towing it behind an rv.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The reason that there are no pictures, is because GM decided not to make Platinum Ice. They decided to stay with Tricoat Diamond. So there are no pictures of P.I.

·
Registered
533 Posts
kcf said:
The reason that there are no pictures, is because GM decided not to make Platinum Ice. They decided to stay with Tricoat Diamond. So there are no pictures of P.I.
KCF - where did you learn this from? I was all set to order Platnium Ice - but at least I've seen the White Diamond Tri-coat and I like it.

Smooth <><[/color]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts