GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went last night to look at Acadia's, came home with a 2008 SLT-2 fully loaded except for 19" wheels. We really fell in love with this vehicle. Everything is perfect with it right now. I really wanted the ARSS remote with it. That is the remote with the LCD on it, But dealer knew nothing about it. I am now trying to find a model number for it. I will try and post pics soon. Oh By the way Black on Black. Thanks and this site has been a very big help on making our decision easy. Thank you all
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
mgoblue2 said:
Went last night to look at Acadia's, came home with a 2008 SLT-2 fully loaded except for 19" wheels. We really fell in love with this vehicle. Everything is perfect with it right now. I really wanted the ARSS remote with it. That is the remote with the LCD on it, But dealer knew nothing about it. I am now trying to find a model number for it. I will try and post pics soon. Oh By the way Black on Black. Thanks and this site has been a very big help on making our decision easy. Thank you all
There is a thread here on the key fobs. They are not avail. at this time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wanted to update everybody on our Acadia. We have had the Acadia for 2 weeks now. Few gripes about the vehicle. Still believe it's the best in this segment. We traded in a 2004 CTS for the Acadia. And the little differences are starting to add up
1- Why do they not offer 2 remotes with the numbers, so you vehicle knows by the unlock button which driver is drving?
2- Why isn't the radio presets also linked to the driver?
3- Instant fuel mileage on the DIC, is it there I only see Avg fuel eco.
4- A little heavy on the weight of the vehicle
5- Power fold 3rd row

This is a great vehicle and overall very happy. We have been on the 17.5 avg for fuel hoping it goes up a little as it's broken in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
mgoblue2 said:
Just wanted to update everybody on our Acadia. We have had the Acadia for 2 weeks now. Few gripes about the vehicle. Still believe it's the best in this segment. We traded in a 2004 CTS for the Acadia. And the little differences are starting to add up
1- Why do they not offer 2 remotes with the numbers, so you vehicle knows by the unlock button which driver is drving?
2- Why isn't the radio presets also linked to the driver?
3- Instant fuel mileage on the DIC, is it there I only see Avg fuel eco.
4- A little heavy on the weight of the vehicle
5- Power fold 3rd row

This is a great vehicle and overall very happy. We have been on the 17.5 avg for fuel hoping it goes up a little as it's broken in.
Umm, I think the answer to 1, 2 and 5 are pretty much that it's just simply not a Caddy. After all, Cadillac is "THE" luxury division in the GM lineup. I've never had the fortune yet to own a Cadillac or any other luxury car. So far, my Acadia is the closest I've come to one. But I would think that people who buy Cadillacs or other luxury lines do so partly because of the subtle upgrades and little differences that having one provides.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
rudykizuty said:
Umm, I think the answer to 1, 2 and 5 are pretty much that it's just simply not a Caddy. After all, Cadillac is "THE" luxury division in the GM lineup. I've never had the fortune yet to own a Cadillac or any other luxury car. So far, my Acadia is the closest I've come to one. But I would think that people who buy Cadillacs or other luxury lines do so partly because of the subtle upgrades and little differences that having one provides.
The Envoy had separate key fobs that did that. I agree that should be standard now

As for power folding 3rd row... Also availble on Yukon but not sure how important that is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
251 Posts
tomw said:
rudykizuty said:
Umm, I think the answer to 1, 2 and 5 are pretty much that it's just simply not a Caddy. After all, Cadillac is "THE" luxury division in the GM lineup. I've never had the fortune yet to own a Cadillac or any other luxury car. So far, my Acadia is the closest I've come to one. But I would think that people who buy Cadillacs or other luxury lines do so partly because of the subtle upgrades and little differences that having one provides.
The Envoy had separate key fobs that did that. I agree that should be standard now

As for power folding 3rd row... Also availble on Yukon but not sure how important that is.
I think the "I" word is what says it all. Important. That varies from person to person. Since my wife and I each have our own ride, the separate fobs with their own settings has never been important to us.

That said, I think I have something to look forward to come the day that I upgrade from my Acadia. Thanks!! :sunny:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
894 Posts
mgoblue2 said:
Just wanted to update everybody on our Acadia. We have had the Acadia for 2 weeks now. Few gripes about the vehicle. Still believe it's the best in this segment. We traded in a 2004 CTS for the Acadia. And the little differences are starting to add up
1- Why do they not offer 2 remotes with the numbers, so you vehicle knows by the unlock button which driver is drving?
2- Why isn't the radio presets also linked to the driver?
3- Instant fuel mileage on the DIC, is it there I only see Avg fuel eco.
4- A little heavy on the weight of the vehicle
5- Power fold 3rd row

This is a great vehicle and overall very happy. We have been on the 17.5 avg for fuel hoping it goes up a little as it's broken in.
1 - My 2003 & 2005 Envoy/Denali both had those numbers. The only thing I can think is that these are different sized and shaped key fobs. The new maker doesn't do it?? Dunno?

2 - Did that in my Envoy as well. Not sure why not now. May all go back to #1 and how its a new maker of the remote and its also a different radio..nav or not.

3 - Instant fuel mileage was gone after 2004. Had it on my 03 Envoy but not on the 05 Denali. Don;t know why it was removed.

4 - A little heavy but look at the size of it. However, it could stand a little diet.

5 - Would be nice for th eproc epoint, but it is just one more thing to go wrong electronic wise.

Welcome to the board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
I had an 03 Chevy Avalanche with the same key fobs 1 & 2.
I currently have (but is pending sale) an '07 Yukon Denali XL, It dosen't have the numbers on the key fob, but it does control the memory seats. It does not change the radio presets. However, I believe that is somewhat un-neccessary because of the 6 Favorites preset bars (that's 36 stations), that can be programed. Although I'm unsure how the NAV screen system is set up.... the basic stereo in the Acadia looks to be the same as the basic system in my Denali. (Which sounds fantastic!)

As mentioned already... a lot of things changed (in my opinion... for the worse) starting in '05 with regards to the DIC. More than just the instant fuel economy went away.

The weight certainly is heavy, however it is only 2 inches shorter than a current Yukon or Tahoe, just as wide, and if it weren't 2 inches lower in ground clearence... it would be pretty darn close to the same height.
The problem here isn't so much the weight... but the Power... or gearing.
'When' they come out with a V8 model (and all it needs is a small V8... nothing over the top) I'll be back in line.

****, the struggle between economy and power! :banghead:
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top