GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My wife and I just bought an '07 Acadia on Friday. It's dark blue with NAV, HUD, 19" wheels, leather, dual sunroofs, and so much more that I'm still getting used to. The only thing it didn't have was the rear seat entertainment package, but I installed a Jensen roof mount system on Saturday and I couldn't be happier.

We took it for a road trip on Sunday (~400 miles) and averaged 22mpg.

I have to say that I absolutely love this vehicle.

We have been looking for something that would easily hold our 2 car seats and was big enough for 1 or two more in the next few years. This car feels like a minivan inside but looks beautiful. I never even realized this model was out there until Hertz gave me an Enclave to drive 2 weeks ago. After that, I was hooked.

We've never had a car that was this "new". "New" meaning first year model. If anyone knows what the connections are like on the back of the NAV unit for passing DVD video to the back, please let me know. I'm considering running a wire up the Jensen unit so that I can drop a DVD in the dash and have it play overhead.

Thanks and I'm happy to see there is a community of Acadia owners here that I can bounce ideas off of.

·
Registered
185 Posts
jenandjer said:
If anyone knows what the connections are like on the back of the NAV unit for passing DVD video to the back, please let me know. I'm considering running a wire up the Jensen unit so that I can drop a DVD in the dash and have it play overhead.
If I remember correctly there are 2 models of Nav. If you didn't buy the entertainment package then you didn't get the nav that can play DVDs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pete7919 said:
jenandjer said:
If anyone knows what the connections are like on the back of the NAV unit for passing DVD video to the back, please let me know. I'm considering running a wire up the Jensen unit so that I can drop a DVD in the dash and have it play overhead.
If I remember correctly there are 2 models of Nav. If you didn't buy the entertainment package then you didn't get the nav that can play DVDs.
I can now confirm this. I just tried it. My Nav system will not accept a DVD video. It reports a disk error and then ejects the disc. I haven't tried a DVD with mp3s on it yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

·
Registered
681 Posts
From page 67 of the Navigation System Book (under Navigation Audio System):

CD Player
The player can be used for CDs with conventional
CD audio, MP3, or WMA compressed files and
may have the capability to play DVD audio
and DVD video.[/color] See DVD Player on page 75 for
more information about DVD audio and video.

The line says "may" have the capability -so I think if you do not have a DVD player then that slot might not accept DVD's.

On page 75 under DVD Player section:

DVD Player
The player can be used for CD, MP3, DVD audio,
and as a DVD video player.
If the system has this feature[/color], it will not operate,
on the navigation screen, unless the vehicle
is in PARK (P). It will operate on the Rear Seat
Entertainment (RSE) screen while the vehicle
is moving. The RSE video screen will start play
of the DVD when a DVD is inserted into the
navigation system.

Again is states "if" your system has this feature - I guess it is possible that you just have the CD player and not a CD/DVD player since you do not have the Rear Entertainment System.

·
Registered
681 Posts
The GMC website shows multiple systems available and one is just a CD player plus DVD based Nav System and one is a CD/DVD Player plus a DVD based Nav System

see screen shot below look at the 4th and 5th choices:

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
There are 2 different Nav radios. If you have the rear dvd option (U42), then you get the UZR,
which can read CD/DVD. If you don't have the rear dvd option, then you get U3R, which does
not read DVD only CD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts