GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have flipped through the owner's manual a zillion times and can't seem to find anything about the rubber plug under the ignition on the right side of the steering wheel.

Does anyone know what this is for??? Do other people have a little piece of rubber sticking out as well?

Thanks!

Jethro

·
Registered
264 Posts
I was wondering that also. Maybe it is for another option or a way to tap into the computers since there is more than one. ???

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's there to keep your other keys as well as your key fob from "clanking" into the steering column and getting it all chipped up. Bet you weren't expecting such a simple answer were you?

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'll bet if you pulled the rubber cover off, you'd find that there is a screw that that holds the key switch in the steering column. I haven't looked at this particular application, but others are this way.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Mine was missing for a while....thanks kids. I didn't see any screws, there was only this flat rubber part with molded rubber string type things with a large ball of rubber to hold it in place at the end so I can't put it back in place. Next time I go to the dealer I am gonna try to get a freebie.

I will look and see if I can see any screws deeper in the holes.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts