GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just placed an order for 2008 Acadia. Now I must wait for pricing.

From other posts, production starts June 18th.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Yes, June 18th has been the listed start date. Pricing really shouldn't change a whole lot, just if you built a 2007 the same way, add a couple hundred to that, and you should be right on the money.

What model, color, options did you order?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ordered Medium Brown with Titanium Leather
SLT1 FWD
Convenince Pkg
DVD
115V

Dealer said order should be confirmed on Monday by GM.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Since there isn't any pricing out on the 08 yet, are you basically at the mercy of paying msrp when it arrives?

·
Registered
284 Posts
azfun said:
Since there isn't any pricing out on the 08 yet, are you basically at the mercy of paying msrp when it arrives?
NO...you can agree to $xx over invoice, or invoice, etc., whatever that is, or if you qualify for Supplier or GMS pricing, you'll get that. It's just you don't know the full dollars and cents of it, just a good idea based on the previous model year.

People order cars all the time before pricing is out, and most often, it goes just like this, with the buyer and dealer agreeing on what kind of price beforehand, even without actual numbers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
caddycruiser said:
azfun said:
NO...you can agree to $xx over invoice, or invoice, etc., whatever that is, or if you qualify for Supplier or GMS pricing, you'll get that. It's just you don't know the full dollars and cents of it, just a good idea based on the previous model year.

People order cars all the time before pricing is out, and most often, it goes just like this, with the buyer and dealer agreeing on what kind of price beforehand, even without actual numbers.
Ah, I see, thanks for the info. I guess the only downside is that you won't eligible for any rebates since I doubt when it arrives they will have any for 08 yet. I'm debating buying an 07 off the lot or just ordering an 08. I like the idea of the 08 and having some of the kinks worked out, but feel like I can get a better deal on the 07 with the current rebates out.

·
Registered
284 Posts
That's very true, though rebate wise, it's not like there's a whole lot right now on the 2007's either. I'm trying right now to convince my mother to trade her Suburban for either an Acadia or Outlook, and while the small rebates and/or financing on the 2007's are nice, she gets Supplier pricing either way, and in the end ordering a perfect 2008 really wouldn't make a whole lot of difference. You just have to weigh the pro's and con's, and see how close (if not perfect) of a matching 2007 your dealer can find.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well the current $1500 ($500 + $1000 conquest) in rebates along with 4.9% financing is probably enough to sway me towards an 07. I'm just having an issue finding an 07 with the right options and color. I had a deal worked out two days ago with a dealer via email for $300 below invoice plus all the rebates. I went down to test drive it and close the deal 2 hours later and another salesman had just sold it. I'll probably wait till the end of this month and hope they have a Memorial Day promotion and want to make an end of the month deal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ordered the 2008 with the risk of not having negotiated the pricing and not sure what, if any, rebates will be available.

I had negotiated a price on a 2007 order, so I know where the dealer is on pricing.

I would assume that there will be some incentives on 2008's. With 2007's in short supply 2008's will be immediately satisfying demand for buyers. The incentives given on a 2007 in short supply therefore should be applied to the 2008 in the same situation.

Regardless, I have GMS pricing if my assumptions don't work out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yeah, nice having gms pricing as that means you'll get a decent deal regardless of what they have going on. Did they give you any kind of timetable as to when you should expect to take delivery?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
None at all.

I did confirm that the last car for this particular dealer is scheduled for production the week of June 11.

I consider this further evidence that the 2008 production is set for week of June 18

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi everyone,
New member to the forum and 1st post. I've followed the advise in another thread and completed a 300 mile/45 dealership search for my ideal Acadia. It just doesn't exist in the remaining 2007 inventory. I've decided to order a 2008 but I don't know anything about the routine or procedure for doing that since I've never ordered custom a car before this.

I assume that a minimum deposit is required to get the order in. Am I required to take delivery if the incentives and/or pricing isn't to my liking once the car arrives? I also have a firm trade (buy) offer for my current Volvo XC70 from CarMax at high Blue Book but that could change by the time a new Acadia is delivered. How do these situations usually work out? Do I risk loosing my deposit if I don't buy? My Brother works at the dealerships bodyshop and says it is a pretty honest business and doesn't think they will try to rip me off. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
When I ordered my '07 I was concerned that it wouldn't be delivered in time for me to take advantage of the incentives that were being offered at the time I ordered. The dealer wrote on the order sheet that if I wasn't satisfied with the incentives at the time of delivery that I could cancel the order and get my deposit refunded. I also had a trade that they gave me a trade in price on when I ordered and that is what I received at the time of delivery.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Went to the dealer today. Bad move - took the wind right out of my sails.
I was just trying to get some facts about the custom ordering process so I could be prepared when I actually went in to order the Acadia in the next week or so. To begin, they are still selling at MSRP or just slightly under. The sales guy suggested I wait until they get the 2008 pricing before I try to order because they aren't willing to guarantee anything but MSRP without the firm factory prices. They also would not make an offer on my 2004 Volvo XC70 until I'm ready to hand the keys over because they couldn't predict the market value 8 to 10 weeks from now. Next, they will only honor any incentives that may be in effect at the time of delivery and they couldn't predict what may or may not be available. They won't do the financing until delivery because they can't predict what the rates will be in 8 weeks. They don't refund deposits in general because they could end up with a lot of special ordered vehicles that could be harder to move. Yet, in spite of everything they won't do they want to firm up the sale before ordering. I guess this all makes the idea of custom ordering out of the question unless the potential buyer has an endless resource of cash laying around and the final price isn't important. Maybe thats the intended market GM is after but for me, incentives, trade-in value and finance rates determine whether or not I can or will buy. On the other hand I don't want to buy a 33,000.00 + car off the lot that has features I don't want or is missing features that I do want. I've compromised too many times and won't do it anymore. Classic catch 22 here.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sounds pretty screwy tom me. I can understand the incentive part. Cant see why they cannot give you at least an idea on your trade and they seem awfully high on price. I got mine for $11 over invoice. I think most have ordered theirs at $0-$1000 over invoice. Looks like you might be in the dead zone. Too late for 07 and too early for 08. You may have to just wait it out but I would check for another dealer if possible. They sound awfully rigid

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for that advise Keith. I guess the dead zone is a great way to describe it. I really want to move to an Acadia but it seems hard to do unless I just sell my car now and know for sure what kind of cash I have to deal with. It seems the dealers do have the upper hand in these situations. I think manufacturers should have a program of selling custom ordered cars at invoice or a known fixed price. After all, it's a known sure sale.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Tom - I think you should try another dealer though I don't think the one you are talking to is totally wrong. I'm sure he would negotiate a deal and order you the 2008 based on 2007 price plus any price increase if there is any. The problem is that you are trading that Volvo. If the dealer really doesn't deal with Volvos often he might be a little afraid to put a ton of money in it not knowing the vehicle and where gas prices are going. At any time the bottom could drop out on the used market for SUV especially not having a good idea when you 2008 will be available. I'm sure he wants to sell you an Acadia but he's trying to protect himself and still try to be fair to you. Fortunately when I put my order in on my 2008, the dealer just ordered it the way I wanted it and said he would call me when it comes in (though I've chatted with him since and have the order number and says it will be one of the first ones that gets preferenced which could be in the next week)( i also get GM pricing so the price will be what it is). He's also a Volvo dealer and if I was trading a Volvo XC70 he would be glad to give me a decent deal on it since they have a waiting list for used ones. So my suggestion, if you are really serious, is go back and sit down and do some serious negotiations. He's in the business of selling you the vehicle not throwing you out the door so you can buy elsewhere. If you are serious about buying he will be serious about selling.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I agree, I ordered my Acadia '08 A few weeks ago and my dealer told me that we'd only be able to use the incentives that are in place at the time my order hits the ground. Other than that, they said that we'd start at invoice price. Your dealers MSRP thing is just posturing to get you to settle and pay more for either one on the lot that doesn't have everything you want or to order one at MSRP. Don't do either. Tell them you'd love to buy from them, but you can always call a bulk sales place or an auto broker. That should bring their price down a bit.

FunkD

·
Registered
230 Posts
Tom H - I don't know where you are located, but my dealer in eastern PA now has 17 Acadias in stock.

·
Registered
122 Posts
FunkD, I'm sure you are right. I haven't paid MSRP for a car since I was a teenager and didn't know any better. I can't see me doing it now. What I usually do is just determine what I am willing to pay for the car, including finance and payments (down to the penny) and then just go in and make my offer. Of my last 5 all but one were at invoice or below. This idea of custom ordering is new to me and definately has me out of my comfort zone, especially having the trade-in as part of the equation. Time to step back and re-think things. I will get my new Acadia and I will get it at or very near invoice. I just have to learn some new rules of this game that I thought I had mastered. Thanks to you and Kevin for the encouragement.

Bill, of the 2 dealers nearest me one has 1 Carbon Black SLT2 (loaded) and the other has a Deep Blue SLT2 with a few options and a Carbon Black SLE base model. The second dealer also has 4 more 07s headed thier way but none with my preferred options.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts