GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FWD SLE

about to use up my 1st tank of gas,(340 smiles) needle registars half way between empty and 1/4 tank.

no problems at all.

Cranked up and backed out of the garage after needle dropped below 1/2 tank and heard a noise that sounded like fluid being squirted into a container. Seemed to be under the dash.

I went to "D" and started rolling down the road and heard another lite bump then a few seconds later heard the lite bump again. Sounds as though it was from the back of vehicle and about the same rythm/timimg to it with each occurance.

This only started after gas gauge had dropped and only occurs after vehicle has set for 20 minutes or so. And once you hear it it doesn't happen again until after a rest period.

I can live with the noises but I would like to know what they are and why they JUST STARTED one day.

Thanks

·
Registered
121 Posts
shot_1...thought this might be a fuel system slosh noise but checked with the experts and they don't seem to think that's it. Not sure what it is. Hard to diagnose over the net here...but if it continues, take it to the dealer and let them check it out. Let me know what they find or if the can duplicate it but need help solving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts