GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a cross post from the Enclave[/color] forum.

Model Year 2009 - Enclave AWD DI APPLIES TO ALL LAMDA + Cadellac?

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=4511.0
-----------------------
Hi -

I have a 2009 CXL AWD and brought it to the dealer for two issues:
1. very poor fuel economy (15.1mpg // 25-30 avg MPH) suburban driving (my wife previously got 16.5 mpg in a 2001 Tahoe same regular driving)
(other data points:
400mile highway drive 19mpg at 70mph (43 degrees F)
and back got 17mpg at 70mpg (windy and 33 degrees)
2. wife claimed during 35-40mpg cruising/driving, the car/engine would slow down/hesitate (not under acceleration)

BUICK tech says they did an ECM update under TSB #09-06-05-019 released March 23, 2009 (3/23/2009)
this TSB supposedly takes care of hesitation at low speeds, hard shifting, delayed shifting, fuel recalib

I am a bit skeptical but always hopeful ;-)

Does anyone have the real low-down on this TSB?

-Guy

------- part 2 ------------

I will post an update in about a week - that will incorporate about 250 miles of driving or so by my wife.

When I picked the car up, I reset all the computer diplay DIC (driver info center?) settings and filled the car up.
I did get to see the TSB - unfortunately while the symptoms did mention the hestitation etc, it did not mention anything about fuel mileage, the mechanic at the deal simply said see TSB update for my mileage complaint...
It did include other vehicles in addition to the Enclave, the Acadia, Traverse and a Cadallac (don't remember the model)

The proper number format is: TSB 09-06-05-019 and was released on March 23, 2009 (3/23/2009)

Stay tuned. I am considering cross posting this to the Acadia forums.

-gschlact (Guy)

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Has anyone else had this issue?

GeoHawk can you run that TSB and see what the specifics are; (unless you've already posted it 8))

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
This is what I could find.  I'm 1 digit off on the OP's TSB number though...

#09-06-04-019: Hesitation During Light Throttle, Launch or Slow Speed Right Turns, Jerky or Harsh Shifts, Tachometer Movement During Deceleration (Reprogram ECM) - (Mar 23, 2009)

Subject: Hesitation During Light Throttle, Launch or Slow Speed Right Turns, Jerky or Harsh Shifts, Tachometer Movement During Deceleration (Reprogram ECM)

Models: 2009 Buick Enclave
2009 Cadillac CTS, STS
2009 Chevrolet Traverse
2009 GMC Acadia
2009 Saturn OUTLOOK

All Equipped with 3.6L Engine (VINs D, V - RPO LLT)

All Vehicles Built in October 2008 and Earlier

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Condition
Some customers may comment that the vehicle exhibits one or more of the following conditions:

•  Hesitation on light throttle tip-in or during launch from a standing start.
    •  Hesitation during slow speed right turns.
    •  Jerky or busy shifts on rolling hills at highway speeds with cruise control on.
    •  Harsh or delayed shifts around 64 km/h (40 mph).
    •  Delayed shifts after releasing accelerator.
    •  Tachometer indicator bouncing during deceleration or coastdown.

Correction
Note: Make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software version.

Reprogram the ECM with a new service calibration using the TIS2WEB Service Programming System (SPS) application.

Warranty Information
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:

Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

J6354
Engine Control Module - Engine Reprogramming with SPS
Use Published Labor Operation Time

Add
Diagnosis Time
0.0-0.3 hr

·
Registered
195 Posts
I had complained to my dealer months ago about hesitation with our Acadia around 25 MPH. He found this same TSB last week and our car is in today for the update.

Actually my service call started as a check of my battery because I got a "Battery Saver Mode ACTIVE" message on my DIC on Friday night. When I showed up for the battery/electrical system check he sprung the TSB for my tranny on me and I said to go for it.

Our gas mileage has also been well below what it should be IMHO while driving "conservatively". I will report back after I have a couple of weeks with the new update under my belt. The tranny has been the only thing that I have had a sour taste about - I love everything else about our 2009 Acadia.

·
Registered
195 Posts
HUGH difference in the pick up of the vehicle and very smooth shifting since we had the tranny update done on our 2009 last Tuesday. My wife noticed the change immediately. We are in love with our Baby again!!!!

If anyone has experienced the hesitation and such as outlined in the TSB below, get this update NOW. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I have an 07 and the trans flashes helped tremendously; glad to hear the 09 owners are getting some help

·
Registered
66 Posts
bseemore said:
HUGH difference in the pick up of the vehicle and very smooth shifting since we had the tranny update done on our 2009 last Tuesday. My wife noticed the change immediately. We are in love with our Baby again!!!!

If anyone has experienced the hesitation and such as outlined in the TSB below, get this update NOW. :thumb:
This is just what I wanted to hear. I think the hesitation might be getting worse on mine. It actually gave me fright the other night. Here's what happened....I was following a truck a ways back and we could see that they had a flip-down DVD player on so my husband jokingly says, "Speed up so we can see what they are watching." Well I stepped on the gas (not floored but close) and let off right away because I was just kinda joking around too. Well the transmission must have down-shifted because the engine was revved and holding at around 3500 rpm, yet we weren't speeding up, and then it jerked into the right gear. We were travelling right around that 60ish km/hr speed like the TSB says too. If the TSB fixes it, I will be very happy because I really do love my Acadia.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I took my 2009 in today complaining about noise from the power steering, while there, I told them my transmission was kinda of jerky and to check to see if there was a TSB on it. Service manager told me there wasn't. That was in the am, and I went back for the appointment at 3 pm: Anyway I waited two hours and service manager finally came and got me and said there was a TSB on the transmission and they had done the update on my car. And btw we had to order a new power steering pump. On the way home, I noticed that the transmission was holding gears longer and shifting smother. (Is smother a word?). My 2009 build date was in December of 2008.

·
Registered
179 Posts
jerhey said:
My 2009 build date was in December of 2008.
If your build date was in December, the dealer didn't do any transmission update to your vehicle. He may have updated the engine, but your transmission is already current.

·
Registered
96 Posts
lzwhb2 said:
If your build date was in December, the dealer didn't do any transmission update to your vehicle. He may have updated the engine, but your transmission is already current.
GM sticker on my door says Dec 2008. Dealer told me they updated my transmission and it had to relearn my driving habits.

I dont have the paperwork because they are holding it until I get the power steering replaced. Just stating what they told me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
jerhey said:
GM sticker on my door says Dec 2008. Dealer told me they updated my transmission and it had to relearn my driving habits.

I dont have the paperwork because they are holding it until I get the power steering replaced. Just stating what they told me.
I understand. I'm just telling you they didn't actually update it since it already has the latest for the transmission. I'd be interested in seeing what the paperwork actually says.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
lzwhb2 said:
I understand. I'm just telling you they didn't actually update it since it already has the latest for the transmission. I'd be interested in seeing what the paperwork actually says.
Your original reply made me think the same thing

·
Registered
96 Posts
lzwhb2 said:
Is there an update for the engine? Anyway I will post what the paperwork states about the supposedly transmission update when I get the paperwork in a couple days.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
jerhey said:
....shifting smother. (Is smother a word?)
Yeah, it's a word, but you were probably looking for "smoother". Smother is what you do to rub someone out.... ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Knew it didnt look right. (Smother).

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
GeoHawk said:
Yeah, it's a word, but you were probably looking for "smoother". Smother is what you do to rub someone out.... ;)
:hijacked:

or smothered steak.........mmm delicious ;D

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
GeoHawk said:
The brothers Smothers also had a TV show in the 60's. :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
.... or if I'm just completely out-doing myself one day, I may have to sign my name as Smooth .. Smoother ![/color]

·
Registered
84 Posts
hey i'm new. been lurking around for a few days. I just bought a 2009 SLT-1 new. About 200miles on it now. So far i'm hating the transmission, otherwise loving the car. Searching the internet for transmission issues is what led me to this site. I never knew the acadia's had had so many transmission issues since 2007. Wish i would have read some of that info before purchase. Literally never knew anything about the tranny issues so i can promise this is NOT biased in any way/shape/form. Anyways, I definitely think i may have some of the issues described in this particular TSB.

#1. tach jumps a little occasionally when coasting down or decelerating, i assume its downshifting

#2. can't accelerate slowly, when try to give it some gas it seems to "jackrabbit" snap your head back and run like a scalded dog, occasionally even shifting again or something as the tach will rev to 5000 even after letting off the gas.

I'm not sure of my build date, will check that and keep researching. Just wondering if many other 2009 owners finding this issue.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Your not alone. I have a 2009 SLT2 built 08/2008. I like the car but really dislike the transmission. Theres a deadly delay in acceleration if your already moving and you need to get on it. Like if you need to pull into faster traffic. There have been several occasions i've nearly been rear ended because of it. If you live in the NYC area you'll find this extremely aggravating.

I am due for an oil change and my first tire rotation so i'm going to have the dealer due the update from march of this year. I've only seen one person respond that has had this update done and they were raving about how great it was. I hope it does help because the transmissions behavior is my only peave with this car.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts