GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to the forum, but I have lingered here for the past couple of weeks.
My Wife and I have just sold our '07 DENALI XL in order to buy an '08 ACADIA.
To tell you the truth, I was a little disapointed with the Denali. It's a nice ride, but not worth $56k+ It's also a lot worse on gas mileage than I would have expected (given all the hype from GM about their new engines.)
Don't get me wrong.... I didn't buy the Denali to get good gas mileage... but 10.5mpg around town is a little rediculous. :binky: Sure, it'll pull a house... but 99% of the time, it's not.
So, we love the Acadia, great looking ride. Convienence of a Mini-van (almost) but the looks of an SUV.
The Wife and I are debating on color right now. Based on how fast the buyer is able to get the Denali done, will determine how fast we end up with our Acadia.
I'll post pics.

Any advice?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I just ordered my Acadia this weekend, so I don't have anything to add. Do you have an idea of what spec of Acadia you are going to go for? I'm guessing that since you are coming from a Denali, you'll probably be going for a fairly well equipped SLT?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I traded in my 04 Yukon Denali XL for the Acadia. You will love it at the gas pump, I'm here to tell ya! I got an SLT2 and it is equipped pretty nicely. Very few trade offs between the two. I like the size much better, easier to handle. Good luck with your Acadia and let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome!
We are looking at the SLT2 with every option other than the engine heater,center console, and rear stereo controls.
And yes we are considering the most expensive color... :-\
My wife loves the size... still seats everyone, and easier to get around in. (the gas mileage is a big plus too)
I'll keep ya posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts