GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently drive a 07 saturn vue, and im desperate to get away from my honda powered suv to get into something a little bigger so i am holding out for the denali version....

please someone tell me that its on the way !

·
Registered
114 Posts
I checked into this some time ago and thought for awhile that it was coming out. There was talk going around about it. Now, from what I have read and haven't seen, I don't think there is going to be one. At least not in 2009. Maybe for 2010. Maybe someone on here knows more. To be honest, except for adding a V8 engine, I don't think you could do much more with the trim line. It is already well packaged. And since fuel prices are way up and will continue to climb, I don't think it makes much sense for GM to put a V8 in the vehicle. If we go to war with Iran, gas will double overnight.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just read the other thread about this. It would appear that no Denali is coming. As they say in the thread, the word would be out by now. However, I wouldn't be too disappointed. The 2009 model has some really nice improvements over the 2008 model. I can't wait to see the new brochure for the 09 models.

·
Registered
381 Posts
At these gas prices, you'll have to do it aftermarket. There won't be a large enough customer base for GM to do it for at least 2-3 years - GM, let alone the Acadia may not survive the current fuel impacts to existing sales.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
While GM may be hurt by the fuel costs, I think they will survive. I think the Acadia might be dropped as the Enclave and Acadia are both sold at the same dealerships and it may save them money to stop making both. Then again, who knows.

I would think GM would drop the Hummers. Talk about fuel hogs. :) Then again, they are still paying Olds dealerships from the dropping of Olds, so maybe they have learned dropping a line doesn't really pay off that much. Only time will tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts