GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been browsing (lurking?) at this site for the past few months as I prepare to be a new Acadia owner. I placed my special order yesterday. Here's what it's supposed to be:

2009 Acadia SLT-2 AWD w/8-passenger seating
Red Jewel Tintcoat exterior, Light Titanium interior
U3R radio/NAV

The pricing info I found on this site helped me negotiate, so the final price was about $40.3K, which is closer to invoice than to MSRP. Delivery expected in 8-12 weeks.

I'm retired, married, have two grown kids and four grandchildren. I have a home in Oregon and placed the order here and I expect to drive from here to the San Francisco and Sacramento and Lake Tahoe areas several times a year. My Acadia should make that drive -- close to 600 miles -- a pleasure rather than a chore regardless of the time of year.

Feel free to offer suggestions or news breaks affecting Acadias.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome aboard. Sounds like you will have a nice vehicle, always good to see another 8 passenger SLT2 out there.

A few suggestions for forum participation-
List your location (at least your state) in your profile, and your vehicle (model/drive/options) in your "signature" area, so others will be able to help you if you need advice without having to ask this every time.

I'm glad the forum has been able to save you some money, it worked for me also- I saved at least $1,100 over the initial local dealer quote, and we are getting just what we want.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome BOBBO

Nice to see another retired "oldguy" (like me) becoming an Acadia owner. I retired in May and 2 weeks later, I traded in my 1998 Corvette :'( and ordered a 2009 Acadia. It should be here next week. :blob:

Again, welcome.

BiggieBoy :cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Biggie, you're only as old as you feel/act! I retired almost 2 years ago & told my wife one of the things I wanted was a Yellow Corvette (C5) six-speed convertible. That wishlist has now been modified to a 2009 Challenger. I told her when we are 80 years old we'll still be driving/riding in the Trans Am. :)

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes.

I made my retirement move 11 years ago after teaching at the high school level for 35 years.

Ever since the first Corvette was introduced in 1953 (?) I've wished I could own one. Hasn't happened, but it's been fun dreaming. My kids even tried to rent one on Father's Day for me a few years ago, but the lot didn't have any that weekend. Some other dreams have come true, though, so I guess I shouldn't complain. Now I just have to wait until my new Acadia gets delivered. Patience.

·
Registered
200 Posts
"I have a home in Oregon and placed the order here and I expect to drive from here to the San Francisco and Sacramento and Lake Tahoe areas several times a year. My Acadia should make that drive -- close to 600 miles -- a pleasure rather than a chore regardless of the time of year."

Without a doubt Bobbo. This car/truck/CUV (lol) rides so smoothly and is so comfortable inside it truly is a pleasure. I've never enjoyed trips----just 45 minutes, or 90 minutes, etc----as much as I am now. AWD makes it relaxing as does the more than ample storage space. The 60/40 in the rear has been used many times by this owner.

Good luck.....making it though the wait. :beer:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I retired almost 2 years ago & told my wife one of the things I wanted was a Yellow Corvette (C5) six-speed convertible.

Blue and BOBBO--

Corvette fever is a tough disease to cure. I had it for the last 18 years and enjoyed every moment of it. But, the C5 was not being used much and was becoming harder and harder to enter/exit. That's what happens when the years creep up on you. Time to say "good by Corvette--hello Acadia." :cheers: :cheers:

Bob

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
BOBBO said:
I've been browsing (lurking?) at this site for the past few months as I prepare to be a new Acadia owner. I placed my special order yesterday. H
I'm retired, married, have two grown kids and four grandchildren. My Acadia should make that drive -- close to 600 miles -- a pleasure rather than a chore regardless of the time of year.
BOBBO, welcome and you will certainly enjoy driving and riding the Acadia on long trips. I recently drove ours 16 hours with only pit stops.
I will be semi retired after Sept 30 collecting SS! :blob: Getting in and out, combining other parts of family with plenty of room. and storage space when required, coupled with mpg, we could not be happier with our Acadia. We have 2, Dell Latitude D830's to keep both grand kids occupied when required. Our neighbor made 2 custom wood trays with legs w side flip up for mouse pad. GK's think it's cool. Denon, $50.00 earbuds at Target, too. Happy trails with your new Acadia and again, welcome aboard!
Jon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts