GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums and on the market for my Acadia. however I'm having a hard time finding the right color & options combination (silver or gold ext w/ brick int. & all the goodies). I've search dealers inventories all through Atlanta, GA (I'm in South Florida) without any luck. At this point I'm considering ordering one, however I haven't ordered a vehicle before & would like to know a little bit on how it works so I can be prepared. Also, has any of you that have ordered been able to get it at invoice or as close to invoice? Does anybody knows the current lease rates & residuals for the Acadia?

Thanks ahead,
RL

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
RL,

The last day for dealers to place orders for 2008 Acadia's (Outlooks and Enclaves too) was April 4th. So you can check with different dealers to see what 08s they have placed orders for or have them find one with the options you want on their locator.

Your only other option is to place an order for an 09. GM will start accepting orders for the 09s on April 17th. 2008 models will continue to be produced at the factory (assuming the American Axle strike does not end up affecting production at the Lansing Delta Township facility) until June 13th. 2009 production start-up is listed for June 16th.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GeoHawk said:
RL,

The last day for dealers to place orders for 2008 Acadia's (Outlooks and Enclaves too) was April 4th. So you can check with different dealers to see what 08s they have placed orders for or have them find one with the options you want on their locator.

Your only other option is to place an order for an 09. GM will start accepting orders for the 09s on April 17th. 2008 models will continue to be produced at the factory (assuming the American Axle strike does not end up affecting production at the Lansing Delta Township facility) until June 13th. 2009 production start-up is listed for June 16th.
Thanks for the info., I didn't realize I just missed the deadline. :mad:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I dont know how true those dates are that you posted. My dealership here told me the deadline is April 25th to order an 08. Production for 2009 will start mid to end of June with first deliveries in September. This is in Chicago, I do not see how it will be different in other areas.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
antney said:
I dont know how true those dates are that you posted. My dealership here told me the deadline is April 25th to order an 08. Production for 2009 will start mid to end of June with first deliveries in September. This is in Chicago, I do not see how it will be different in other areas.
I got the dates directly from GMs Order Management Reports.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Another point of interest is the lease residuals on the '08 Acadias will change dramatically once the '09 Acadia hit the dealerships.

·
Registered
69 Posts
so it might be better to wait until the 09 is out to get a better lease deal on the 08, that is if we can find the one you want!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I just got off the phone with my sales rep & he told me I could still place an order for an 08'. His manager said that they still don't have a definite date yet, that GMC didn't enforce the 4/4 deadline originally planned.

·
Registered
69 Posts
just hope the strike doesnt happen! Now that is what all the dealers are telling me to make me purchase. I hate dealing with these people.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would be concerned about customer ordering now because GM may not have enforced the '08 cutoff "right now" but could at any moment and leave you in status code 1100 hell.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
ralora said:
Well I just got off the phone with my sales rep & he told me I could still place an order for an 08'. His manager said that they still don't have a definite date yet, that GMC didn't enforce the 4/4 deadline originally planned.
RL, take this for what it's worth, I'm not a GM employee or a dealer. GM has not updated their Order Management Report since 4/2/08. At that time the Final Order Cut-Off was listed as 4/4. Here's a note they list at the beginning of the report:

FINAL ORDERS DUE (RPO)

The final order submission date for orders with Regular Production Options (RPO). Orders received by this date will have very little risk of not being produced. NOTE: In some cases, orders may continue to be accepted after this date. It must be understood that these are accepted on a "Will -Try" basis and there is considerable risk they may not be produced.

Like SEL posted, the longer you wait (if you are planning to order an '08) the greater the risk of having your order stuck in limbo. The Model year build-out and start-up dates are pretty much set in stone and if they end up taking too many orders for 08 models, the last orders taken may not have time to get built. If you want an '08, get in there and order it or wait a couple of weeks and order an 09. ;D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the market for an Acadia. I am going to purchase - not lease. I had someone tell me to wait for the 09 because it has a much better engine. I don't know if I can wait until September, but may if there truly is a big advantage with this new engine. Can anyone give me any feedback/advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
abc13 said:
I am in the market for an Acadia. I am going to purchase - not lease. I had someone tell me to wait for the 09 because it has a much better engine. I don't know if I can wait until September, but may if there truly is a big advantage with this new engine. Can anyone give me any feedback/advice? Thanks.
Depending on the source -- '09 orders can occur as early as this week or as late as mid-May
for delivery in mid-summer.

m

1 - 15 of 15 Posts