GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black GMC Acadia Denali AWD (Black Beauty)
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 GMC Acadia AWD. 2 weeks after buying it off a lot, I noticed it was doing a vibration and the rpms would fluctuate when vibrating. contacted the dealership and I took it in to get checked out, it needed a transmission replacement. Dealer ship replaced the transmission. ran great for another 1 1/2 years and I had to bring it in to get checked again. Just got it back from getting fixed. First it was Timing chains and gears, those got replaced, mechanic took it for a drive and the engine seized. Found out the lower bearings were breaking apart and the metal was clogging the oil pump. So, I got a remanufactured GMC motor. I finally got it back my Acadia back after 6 1/2 months. The defrost and floor blower does not work, and my dome lights don't come on when I open a door. I have to replace all the rotors, brake pads and 1 caliper from the Acadia sitting and rusting.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Sorry to hear that. But 2012 had the timing chain issue and it does sound like the wait time was long possibly due to supply issues during COVID.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the same vehicle. Mine has a shudder when I come to a stop. Pretty sure it is the torque converter. I bought it cheap but finding a lot wrong with it, like having to replace the steering rack. I can tell it did not have the best of care, but hoping I can nurse it back to health with good maintenance. Didn't know these had a timing chain issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts