GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live in the North Seattle area and purchased our rig from the Edmark GMC Superstore in Nampa Id. We pre-ordered it and took right at 10 weeks like he said. :thumb:

I got the Call Friday AM from salesman that my Acadia was sitting on the lot. Once I called telling my wife it was ready, she booked my 11 year old son and I on a plane Friday night headed to Boise. I can’t say enough good things about the dealership and my salesman he sent my rig out and got it tinted for us and detailed out. It was ready to roll Sat. at 10:00 am. Paperwork was ready and took 5 mins. He had my On-star all set up programmed for me and spent an hour plus just going over every button and how to use everything. Anybody looking for a good dealer in the Northwest PM me and can give you details of my salesman. They paid my Airfare and filled my tank for the ride home to Seattle. 500+ miles to drive now...

Things that Impressed me. ;D

1. How much room I had in the Driver Seat. I’m 6’5 240 a big guy and I was so much more comfortable than any other rig I’ve driven. This car is replacing a bigger wheelbase Ford SUV and I have more legroom in this rig. Staying awake for the 7 hrs ride was hard. Playing with the XM helped. I drove a new Highlander and remember how cramped I felt.

2. Build Quality was over the top and I’m an engineer by trade. I pay attention to the detail. We have the ebony interior and it’s classy. Leather is made to last and just enough chrome. Solid rig and very well built

3. Loved the XM and the On-star usefulness was very nice. I used the turn by turn from Boise to Seattle 511 miles away and put me right in my driveway. We were looking into putting in a newer aftermarket Nav, but based on the turn by turn feature I see up renewing this contract. We have kids in all level of sports and we are lost half the time.

4. We had 3 kids in the back yesterday. The captains seats with rear seat worked as we thought they would. The boys had lots of legroom. the walk thru feature is great.

Very happy with it so far. I will post some pictures once if I get it back from my wife…..Mike :blob:

·
Registered
362 Posts
BigDawg said:
We live in the North Seattle area and purchased our rig from the Edmark GMC Superstore in Nampa Id. We pre-ordered it and took right at 10 weeks like he said. :thumb:

I got the Call Friday AM from salesman that my Acadia was sitting on the lot. Once I called telling my wife it was ready, she booked my 11 year old son and I on a plane Friday night headed to Boise. I can’t say enough good things about the dealership and my salesman he sent my rig out and got it tinted for us and detailed out. It was ready to roll Sat. at 10:00 am. Paperwork was ready and took 5 mins. He had my On-star all set up programmed for me and spent an hour plus just going over every button and how to use everything. Anybody looking for a good dealer in the Northwest PM me and can give you details of my salesman. They paid my Airfare and filled my tank for the ride home to Seattle. 500+ miles to drive now...
Congratulations! When you first said it was in (or going to be, I don't recall) I thought about driving over there to take a peek. I don't get out to Nampa very much, however.

You're right about Edmark. They didn't hammer us with "options", spent at least (memory fails me again) 1/2 hour going over all of the buttons and gadgets. I had to go back sometime after the purchase, due to a paperwork error on our part, and they bought us a tank of gas as well. Also, our salesman called and said he had a bottle of touch-up paint ready for us whenever I was back in. He would've given it to us before but didn't have the proper color. He also took the time to introduce us to the service department people. I've emailed both him and the guy that showed us how to work the rig with questions and they've always responded quickly.

Edmark is known for dealing in quantity. As a matter of fact, the other dealers we talked with always put them down for this. However, our salesman, after one meeting, remember our names and the car we were looking at when we came back a month later for a test drive. That, I think, impressed me more than anything else. They're good people and weren't pushy at all.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I to live in Seattle and considered going to Dave Smith in Idaho for the purchase. I would only have done that had they had what I wanted in stock. May I ask why you ordered from a dealership 500 miles away? I got mine here locally for $11 over factory invoice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got family in Boise and my Brother is good friend is the Used Car sales Manager at Edmark. He pointed me to the right salesman. I got mine for at Invoice and from my checking around in Seattle area they beat all the Seattle by several thousand dollars. They do not do adverting fee's on the end and that saved almost 1K there. All the dealers in seattle had to add that on the end.

The bottom line was the bottom line for me.

It was worth the drive for a rig I will have for 5 or 6 years....Had breakfast with my brother and had some good one on one with my son. Had to listen to Hip-hop on XM on the way Home.. :confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
It sounds like a great experience for you! It could be a mastercard commercial. You can fill in the first part and breakfast with my brother and one on one conversation with my son...... priceless! Congradulations on all your gifts!
K

1 - 6 of 6 Posts