GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XM satellite radio keeps turning off and switching to FM or AM radio. Anyone else have this happen?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I've lost the XM signal before, but it did not change me to another band.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes mine has lost satellite reception before but this wasn't ever a problem before I had the battery drain issue. Looks like another trip to the dealer if it continues.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dan,

The radio should not change bands by itself. If XM loses the signal to the satellite it will just display "Loading" on the radio or Nav Screen. Could you have possibly hit the source button on the steering wheel controls? That and hitting the Band Button on the radio are the only way to change from XM to FM or AM.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, It happened about four or five times. Sometimes it went straight to AM, others it went straight to FM. I drove last night about 40 minutes round trip and didn't have the problem again. We'll see.

Boltbacker said:
Dan,

The radio should not change bands by itself. If XM loses the signal to the satellite it will just display "Loading" on the radio or Nav Screen. Could you have possibly hit the source button on the steering wheel controls? That and hitting the Band Button on the radio are the only way to change from XM to FM or AM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts