GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a ipod solution that does not involve FM transmitters in Aux in jack that works with the newest ipod nano. I tried the PXDP3 and the PAC but both had problems working with the new Ipod nano.
The tech support from both companies told me they were not compatible.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Are you saying that you can't just do a straight cable connection to the Aux jack with the new iPod nano? I really hope that isn't the case! Have you tried that?

My Acadia is still on order and I'll be extremely disappointed if you can't just do a straight cable connection.

edit:
I just did a quick google search and came across this item that says it is for an iPhone (not necessarily an iPod Nano). Seems like each end of the cable is different. One end is specific to the iPhone and the other end is for the aux input. Not sure if a specialty cable like that is necessary or not.

http://www.igonemobile.com/product.aspx?tab=2&p=15347

edit #2:
I found this on the Apple store website. Seems like this is just a standard 3.5mm plug on each end. I can't imagine that something like this wouldn't work just fine for the Nano + Acadia. In fact, you could probably pick up something similar (and cheaper) from just about anywhere local to you.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP.../ipod_accessories/cables_docks&nplm=TN778LL/A

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should have been clearer and I am sorry. The Aux cable works for the new nano but I was looking for a way to get the factory radio to control the ipod and charge at the same time.

·
Registered
251 Posts
blacksuntzu said:
I was looking for a way to get the factory radio to control the ipod and charge at the same time.
I remember seeing other older threads related to this subject. I seem to recall the verdict being that the current factory radios aren't capable of controlling aux devices.

·
Registered
122 Posts
GM should be coming out with the PAL (Personal Audio Link) any time now. It will accomplish what you are looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts