GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Has anyone heard anything about this ipod integration option? I recently purchased the ipod Lockpick by Coastal and am not content with its abilities or sound. I'm going to return it and in researching other options came across this:

PXAMG by Peripheral Electronics

http://www.peripheralelectronics.com?ProductId=276

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1214

The nice thing is it has built in integration for HD RADIO via an optional HD TUNER module:

http://www.peripheralelectronics.com?ProductId=279

Here is a video on it's operation. Looks much more integrated with the ipod then the lockpick. Also has steering wheel control capabilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhsKRTeT1yU&feature=channel_page

The other feature I like is the ability to update the firmware yourself from their website via a minUSB port on the device:

http://peripheralelectronics.com/firmware/index.asp

The only concern is whether its compatible with 2009 NAV radios. I'm going to try it out and post my results when I get around to it. :blob:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rats I answered my own question. If you look further down on the PXAMG website description for GM it states:

# Vehicle specific GM notes:

* 2009 GM vehicles equipped with navigation are not currently compatible
* 2007-2008 Cadillac STS Non-Navigation radios are not compatible

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I'm hoping they have an update for it soon to support 2009 NAV radios. I'm going to email them and see what the latest news is wrt to supporting them

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I hope someone comes up with something. I still have the AXIPGMLAN from Scosche around here somewhere. It never worked right in the Acadia (09 w/ nav) & I quit following up on it since the iPod stays in my Challenger now (and works 100%).

·
Registered
395 Posts
I picked it up at a circuit city closing sale a few months ago for $60. It's Ok but I really wouldn't recommend it if you have a newer iPod or iPhone 3G. It does not charge the latest generation of iPods. Also the navigating is fairly cumbersome- it is much easier to use the ipod's controls- and if you have an iPhone, it has to be accessible to use as a phone anyway, so the plug on the front of the factory radio and a power adaptor work better anyway.

Since I had the iPod unit, I picked up the HD radio tuner from Crutchfield. It wasn't very good and I sent it back. The biggest issue is that it only has one antenna connection- it does not pass through the factory antenna to the factory radio- so it disables the regular AM/FM. That was unacceptable to me. Navigating was pretty cumbersome too.

I wouldn't spend the money again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jseck2 said:
I picked it up at a circuit city closing sale a few months ago for $60. It's Ok but I really wouldn't recommend it if you have a newer iPod or iPhone 3G. It does not charge the latest generation of iPods. Also the navigating is fairly cumbersome- it is much easier to use the ipod's controls- and if you have an iPhone, it has to be accessible to use as a phone anyway, so the plug on the front of the factory radio and a power adaptor work better anyway.

Since I had the iPod unit, I picked up the HD radio tuner from Crutchfield. It wasn't very good and I sent it back. The biggest issue is that it only has one antenna connection- it does not pass through the factory antenna to the factory radio- so it disables the regular AM/FM. That was unacceptable to me. Navigating was pretty cumbersome too.

I wouldn't spend the money again.
Jseck, are you referring to the PXAMG or the AXIPGMLAN from Scosche?

·
Registered
395 Posts
The peripheral unit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey guys im pretty new to this site and have been reading about putting an aftermarket device in the new acadia i want to buy. thinking of getting a base model 09 and instead of getting the factory nav and all that i want to put in a model that i saw at the car audio place that comes with back up camara, nav, ipod intergration and hd audio. will this be compatable with the acadia. ive read on this site that its not with if you have the nav already in your car but was just wondering if everything would be ok and if i should go this route or think of another car.
the site i saw the nav system was www.columbuscaraudio.com
thanks guys for your help in advance

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
jessica873 said:
hey guys im pretty new to this site and have been reading about putting an aftermarket device in the new acadia i want to buy. thinking of getting a base model 09 and instead of getting the factory nav and all that i want to put in a model that i saw at the car audio place that comes with back up camara, nav, ipod intergration and hd audio. will this be compatable with the acadia. ive read on this site that its not with if you have the nav already in your car but was just wondering if everything would be ok and if i should go this route or think of another car.
I suggest you visit crutchfield.com and use the "outfit my car" functions to determine whether the specific equipment you're looking at is compatible with your vehicle. Most double-din nav radios should work just fine with the right interfaces & installation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
loach said:
jessica873 said:
I suggest you visit crutchfield.com and use the "outfit my car" functions to determine whether the specific equipment you're looking at is compatible with your vehicle. Most double-din nav radios should work just fine with the right interfaces & installation.

thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts