GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone here with information on what incentives might be coming Oct 1? I know they are not released yet, but sometimes people have inside sources.

Thanks.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Snarf said:
Is there anyone here with information on what incentives might be coming Oct 1? I know they are not released yet, but sometimes people have inside sources.

Thanks.
I know our incentives in Canada are a new 5500 dollar cash credit for financing through GMAC at a term of 72 months @ 5.5% interest GMAC is now moving away from long term low interest contracts so they are offering the 5500 as a way to offset the interest paid on teh term.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Snarf said:

Thanks.
I was wondering the same thing, and I will be watching this at 12:01am to see what the new incentives (if any) there may be. My vehicle is supposed to be built this week, so needless to say, I am pumped up!! My wife would say obsessive. I think she may be right.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
Same here!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I looked at the Yahoo story & saw no link or basis for the $2,000 claim. Cars.com did something similar when we were shopping. If you went to the build your vehicle section, they showed an owner loyalty incentive of $2,000 good through 9-30-08. I never saw a source for this, and when I emailed them about it, they never replied.

If this is the case, Smooth[/color] is set to save some serious semolians!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Crapola, Nothing on the 09' Acadia....Oh well..Life goes on.... :binky:

·
Registered
93 Posts
So if there are no incentives for a 2009 Acadia do you think it will be possible to negotiate a price equal to the Employee Pricing last month? I am hoping for 0% financing but I know that is probably not going to happen until the end of the model year. I would settle for a negotiated invoice price in addition to a $1500-$2000 rebate. This would get the price around the Employee Price.

·
Registered
156 Posts
JBRedZ28 said:
So if there are no incentives for a 2009 Acadia do you think it will be possible to negotiate a price equal to the Employee Pricing last month? I am hoping for 0% financing but I know that is probably not going to happen until the end of the model year. I would settle for a negotiated invoice price in addition to a $1500-$2000 rebate. This would get the price around the Employee Price.
It's not working for me, on the 09' I ordered. The best I was able to do was $300 over invoice, which I know is not a great deal, but I am sure many have paid more.

·
Registered
93 Posts
After looking over my numbers the difference in my $50,000 MSRP Acadia between Invoice and Employee prices is about $1300. So getting it for $300 above invoice is paying around $1600 more than last month. I wish they could have given Employee pricing on any orders placed in September too rather than having to take delivery or get a VIN number or whatever was needed. Now I must wait and decide when to order and hope to have good incentives when I take delivery. I guess I can always bail out and get my deposit back if the incentives suck.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
The month is young. There is no benefit now to rush into anything, wait & see what the next few weeks offer.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I just visited the GM Employee site https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ and now they're showing incentives to be applied thru Nov. 3, 2008. Guess what Blue - I just saved $500 today :blob: I've been waiting and waiting for something - anything - to make the deal a bit better. That will pay for the towing package! I'll be calling my saleswoman to ask if she wants to "lock" the deal now. She and I just spoke on Sunday about the possibility of incentives. My Acadia arrived Sept. 25th, but since I'm having them send the wheels out for chrome, I haven't "taken delivery". So, it looks like I got my wish. GMS on an '09, and a $500 incentive rebate.

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sorry for hijacking this thread (Raven is the best at this ;)), but I forgot to mention that it appears that GM is now offering $2,000 on the 2008 Acadia. So if you feel like you really missed-out on the GMS pricing, this would be a good time to find a nice '08! There's a fully loaded Blue/Gold SLT on the lot in Santa Barbara. Nav, towing, very nice. If I hadn't ordered an '09, I'd be might tempted to go buy it. I'd still have GMS, plus the $2,000.

Oh, and on my existing order for the '09 I'll have a combo of GMS, $500 rebate (hopefully), and around $1,200 from GM Card savings.

Sweet!

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Smooth said:
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
I just visited the GM Employee site https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ and now they're showing incentives to be applied thru Nov. 3, 2008. Guess what Blue - I just saved $500 today :blob: I've been waiting and waiting for something - anything - to make the deal a bit better. That will pay for the towing package! I'll be calling my saleswoman to ask if she wants to "lock" the deal now. She and I just spoke on Sunday about the possibility of incentives. My Acadia arrived Sept. 25th, but since I'm having them send the wheels out for chrome, I haven't "taken delivery". So, it looks like I got my wish. GMS on an '09, and a $500 incentive rebate.

Smooth <><[/color]
Cool. Did I mention the consulting fee here just went up to $500 as of October 1? :)

Good things do come to he who waits.

EDIT
This is a Hijack!
A true gutbuster if you like Three Stooges sort of humor

·
Registered
10 Posts
Smooth said:
Oh, and on my existing order for the '09 I'll have a combo of GMS, $500 rebate (hopefully), and around $1,200 from GM Card savings.
Smooth <><[/color]
Are you 100% positive on the GMS pricing being extended? From what I can tell - you are accurate on the rebate of $500 for a 2009....and it is 2K OR 0% financing for 36 months for a 2008....however GMS pricing on the familyfirst website is for "Current Offers for GM Employees and Eligible Family Members". There is no mention of GMS pricing on any of the GM websites. It would still be $500 cheaper than whatever price you have landed on.....but I don't believe it is GMS.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Smooth[/color] has a family member that qualifies him for GMS.
Cool and Good for him!! Every dollar counts these days

With GMS gone for most everyone else - I would imagine a few more 2008's will disappear with 0% over 36 months or the 2K bonus cash.....

1 - 20 of 94 Posts