GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking about buying the acadia in april and i know the incentives that gm has out now will be over at the end of the month. do you guys know if they will be offering anything next month?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hope they keep the 0% financing, as that is a better deal for me than the rebates. Adding employee pricing and/or a rebate in addition to 0% would be really nice. I have a friend who is a used car wholesaler that hooked me up with a GMC dealer that has been upfront with giving me supplier pricing. I have $2500 in GM card earnings that I can use (I still have the old card rules which I've confirmed) to make for a good deal. I had seen on another site, a presentation (http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/chevy-launches-new-dealer-incentive-program-huh/) to Chevrolet dealers, with dealer cash, based on units sold, which goes to the end of March. The document was very detailed, and suggested that the dealers could pass the cash on to the customer. I haven't followed up with my dealer to ask if he can now offer me a better price. I've been waiting to the end of the month when they may be more desperate to make a deal

·
Registered
13 Posts
I placed an order for an Acadia at the beginning of March. Since it won't be built until the first week of April, I was not eligible to get the $2,250 or 0% that was offered at the time (the car needs a VIN number to be assigned a rebate). My salesperson did assure me multiple times that it was his belief that the incentives would be at least as good as they were in March, if not better as the year goes on.

He has been with his dealership for 13 years so I hope that he was not just blowing smoke! He seemed quite confident about it. Either way, I'll find out in a few weeks!

Del

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the answers. the guy at the dealership said he would know more at the beg. of the month but im eager and just want to know now lol

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
In my experience, the best deals are for in-stock prior year models after the next year models are being built- changeover usually takes place in June-July for GMC. You do risk hitting a price increase though. Seems like when GM runs employee pricing on prior year models it is in the fall based on what I've read. We lucked into it for the current model year on ours since sales were slowing last fall.

Another website to look at is GM Inside News forums.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Looks like the 0.0% and cash rebates are still available.

In addition, GM is rolling out a new program - GM Total Confidence (currently valid for April 2009 purchases):

http://www.gm.com/total-confidence/?brandId=gm&src=van&evar27=vanity_gm_c

From edmunds.com blog:

The elements of GM Total Confidence, which are in addition to zero- or low-interest financing incentives, cash rebates and customer loyalty promotions, include:

- Payment protection for the first 24 months of ownership so that if the buyer suffers job loss, GM makes nine payments of up to $500 per month;

- A protection plan that ensures the value of a buyer's trade-in;

- OnStar's safety and security plan for a year as standard fare;

- Fully backed, 5 year/100,000 mile limited powertrain warranty with roadside assistance and courtesy transportation.

GM Total Confidence program highlights:

Payment Protection: provides up to nine months of payments on vehicle loans or leases with a maximum of $500 a month if the buyer loses his or her job for economic reasons.

Investment Protection: during the first two years of ownership, Vehicle Value Protection protect customers against steep depreciation.

Vehicle protection: GM's 5 year/100,000 mile transferable powertrain limited warranty (whichever comes first) plus roadside assistance and courtesy transportation.

OnStar Protection: One-year OnStar Safety and Security Package includes Automatic Crash Response.

The GM Total Confidence plan is available for vehicles purchased April 1 through April 30, 2009. For more details about GM Total Confidence, please see GMconfidence.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts