GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello!! New here. Just bought a 14 Acadia slt-2. Seems to be a decent vehicle for now. I’m sure I will regret it lol. (I’m a Toyota guy) but here it is. I just got the windows tinted and now trying to find some decent black wheels.
1551DFA9-C00B-4C8C-8033-BC222EDB93C7.jpeg

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Welcome to the site. So how did a Toyota guy end up with an Acadia?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the site. So how did a Toyota guy end up with an Acadia?
Lol. I still have Toyota’s. But I totaled my Toyota that I drive to work and insurance paid out. Have a buddy that works at a Chevy dealer and they had this. I kind of got talked into. But. It’s very clean. Fully loaded. And only had 99k on it. The kids loved the captain seats in the rear. And they wanted it. So here it is lol.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I like the wheels as is TBH, are they gun metal gray or something? I like black wheels, but only on the right vehicle and color of said vehicle.
The tint looks good (legal??), if I'd do anything it'd maybe be with the grill.
Not a Toyota guy, so IMO you made a good move. (y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I
I like the wheels as is TBH, are they gun metal gray or something? I like black wheels, but only on the right vehicle and color of said vehicle.
The tint looks good (legal??), if I'd do anything it'd maybe be with the grill.
Not a Toyota guy, so IMO you made a good move. (y)
legal? Not really lol. And yes the wheels are a gun metal gray. I’m thinking of doing black to see how they look. And I actually have been looking for a all black grill. But there is so many part numbers I’m seeing So I don’t know yet. But black grill is definitely coming.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hopefully you don't have any kind of gap loan between what insurance paid and the cost of the Acadia. Depending on the vehicle's history, you may be coming up on a number wear items to replace and deferred maintenance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hopefully you don't have any kind of gap loan between what insurance paid and the cost of the Acadia. Depending on the vehicle's history, you may be coming up on a number wear items to replace and deferred maintenance.
no gap loan.It was paid off. And yes I’m sure it will need something’s done here soon.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I really like gun metal for wheels. It's a nice compromise between silver and wash-me-all-the-time black, like my Mustang. Or more realistically, you-haven't-washed-me-enough black.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I really like gun metal for wheels. It's a nice compromise between silver and wash-me-all-the-time black, like my Mustang. Or more realistically, you-haven't-washed-me-enough black.
Agree! Black vehicles, love it. Dust, dirt, don't care.
Black wheels, only so many vehicles really suit it IMO.
Gun metal or black chrome wheels, nice!

Reactions: JayTee2019

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Toyota Guy,

I think you will like it. I have my 2015 Acadia Denali, 2013 BMW 135i and 2 bikes. Have had 2004 Celica, 2004 Highlander and 2000 Corolla… point is: just like any car it will be good if you take care of it!
For your 2014 Acadia - replace oil and check oil level as per schedule. Check it and check oil level from time to time.
There is known issue about oil level low that affect the internal chain causing expansion of it and then issues with sync on engine. Change transmission oil as per schedule and do not flush it.
JUST LIKE ANY OTHER CAR!

Welcome and good luck,
Jorge

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Agree! Black vehicles, love it. Dust, dirt, don't care.
Black wheels, only so many vehicles really suit it IMO.
Gun metal or black chrome wheels, nice!
+1 . .. Black wheels look good with certain vehicles and/or body colors, But really liked the wheels on the 2019 SLT-1 with Smokey Quartz body color.
In 2019 the SLT-2 had 20" wheels and different style and color, and wanted to stay with 18" wheels and tires.
IMG_20190808_091210602.jpg * - Click on Picture To View Full Size ! - *

·
Registered
28 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts