GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do it once and do it right!

I wish we could have gotten them factory but when we needed a new vehicle in the worst way and could not find one with them!

which kit?

AND OMG! how the heck do you get to the headlight bulbs on these things!

THX JIM

2007 Acadia SLT

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
:welcome:

Here is a link to the Xenon dept of this forum. There you will find info about HID.

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?board=30.0

To get the headlights out; you need to go through each wheel well, but all the info is in the above link

Welcome again and let us know how things go with the upgrade

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks.. I found this forum last night on the internet from my hotel room in Texas!.. I am big into Jeeps and cant leave both of mine alone! My wife likes the HIDs in my Commander and she wants them in the Acadia.

I did do some searching on here last night and should have done that before I posted, Sorry!

I found the Xenon Depot write up and I ordered a set of the digitial HIDS kits from them, a H11 5000K kit.

It sounds like everyone trusts them on here so I took the plunge!

I will let everyone know how it goes. I may even order another set for my wrangler once I see the quality on these guys! I have el cheapos in the Commander but they seem to do OK, just OK....They some times are different colors and other times they are not...I have also had a few flickers here and there. I can tolerate different things, but my wife wants them to be like factory so I went the extra money!

Jim

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
When it's all done; take some pics with them on and post

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Jim,
Welcome also. Our most excellent member jsimms has handled your question efficiently. It is helpful to other members if you add your location and vehicle info. The method for doing so is in the Blues Clues link in my signature.

Good luck with the HID, from what I've read the access is the worst part of the job. The link with pictures should help get the job done.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Jim,
Welcome also. Our most excellent member jsimms has handled your question efficiently. It is helpful to other members if you add your location and vehicle info. The method for doing so is in the Blues Clues link in my signature.

Good luck with the HID, from what I've read the access is the worst part of the job. The link with pictures should help get the job done.
Thanks Blue, I read the HID installation topic and understood what to do and I don't have plans to upgrade (at least not yet; I'll have to wait until my wife isn't looking ;D)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts