GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Welcome. :) There are 1,176 members in this forum. Hard to say how many of us actually own an Acadia since some are still waiting on theirs. But I'd be willing to bet that the majority of us have test driven one already. ;) My best recommendation would be to start sifting through the various threads on this forum and take it all in. There's a wealth of information here that cannot possibly be summed up in just one post.

Have you test driven one yourself yet? If not, why not? What are you waiting for... go test drive an Acadia! :thumb:

·
Registered
27 Posts
We just bought ours on Saturday, and I had never even hardly sat in one, let alone driven it
(first drive was taking it home from Las Vegas to Utah). It was a GMC, and that is all I needed to know...
But after owning it for a week, I love it. Haven't found anything worth complaining about. Maybe it is because I am coming from a Grand Cherokee, which is a great vehicle, but it only cost me $11,000 for a reason....

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
khalidnooh said:
:-\
any one try this truck need more detailes about it !!!
plzzz
Please use the search function. MOst active members have an Acadia already and some have just test driven. IF you are looking for a specifc type of feedback do a search pn the topic.

If nothing is found, pleas epost a specific question and you will receive a flood of answers.

Thanks.

Joe

·
Registered
148 Posts
I test drove, and looked at just about every comparable car. The Acadia blew them all out of the water. It blew the Honda Pilot clear away, not even close. Pretty much the only car that was close was the Ford Edge, but it's way smaller, no 3rd row, and worse gas mileage so it didnt make any sense to get an Edge, plus the Acadia is way nicer outside and inside. I even drove the Hyundai Veracruz which is really cheesy, but I mean it works for the price I guess, but I figure if I am spending 25-30k on a car I might as well spend 35k and get the car I REALLY like and not a Hyundai. I didn't even bother with the Nissan Murano cause I hate those cars, they are hideous and im sick of looking at them, same goes with the Lexus, can't stand those and they are too small and overpriced. I checked out the Subaru Tribecka, or whatever it's called, that car is OK, but nowhere near as nice as the Acadia and it's almost as expensive, pretty spendy. I didn't bother looking at the Tahoe, Expedition, full-size SUV's cause that gas mileage is out of the question for me. Anyways, my wife and I spent about a month looking at cars, going to dealers, driving cars and it was clear when we got into the Acadia it was the winner, then we spent another month finding exactly which one we wanted using the GMC website doing searches of stickers in Southern California. I think if you took the time and looked at all of the comparable cars, you will end up with the same result as me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
???
Acadia owners,,,,,
Engine of this truck
when i opened a hood i got shock when i saw ENGINE positioned on SIDE (first time see it on GMC) the question for long run do you think it well gives you a headchec like niose or mechanical problems or ,,,
any one ask manufature about building up engine this way.!

·
Registered
681 Posts
This is very common on vehicles with Front Wheel Drive, also the transmission is mounted transverse allowing for the transfer of power to the front wheels, I have seen this in older Cadillacs with FWD and 8 cyl engines, I do not see this being any kind of problem. My Acura had the same engine configuration and I am sure the Honda Pilot has the same - no big deal. :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts