GMC Acadia Forum banner

Do you like the new GM Logo and possible use on our future Acadias?

• I think the traditional GM Logo is classic and shouldn't be messed with.

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • I think the new GM Logo they chose is about time.

Votes: 1 9.1%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So last week this appeared in a number of articles.
GM wants to update the company logo with one that would go along more with the upcoming EV products planned both now and in the future.
By extension . . . how many would not mind having the emblem below in the nice, pretty power blue letters?

Maybe after the Acadia and more EVs show up for sale and are common place?
This . .?
logo-GMC.jpg
Or This - - - -
GMC Truck Logo New  LOL.jpg
GM Traditional Logo - - - -
GM Logo.jpg

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
The GM logo as is makes no difference either way to me, as vehicles are badged by Chevy, GMC, Buick, Caddy anyway.
That proposed GMC logo... isn't GMC the truck, premium, SUV brand? Looks like something intended to sell flowers to me.
Please leave it as is. And this is the first GMC product I have owned, but always liked its logo (even if I blacked mine :cool:).

Reactions: JayTee2019

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The GM logo as is makes no difference either way to me, as vehicles are badged by Chevy, GMC, Buick, Caddy anyway.
That proposed GMC logo... isn't GMC the truck, premium, SUV brand? Looks like something intended to sell flowers to me.
Please leave it as is. And this is the first GMC product I have owned, but always liked its logo (even if I blacked mine :cool:).
Won't say what I prefer quite yet . . . lol
Am just interested to see what others may think .. . so thanks !

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Not really sure what the real question is here. Are we writing a bout a logo on GMC trucks or a logo that stands for the entire company that could be used anywhere..

I do not like the small letter gmc for any purpose.

George

·
Super Moderator
20,867 Posts
None of those catch my eye. Haven't paid a lot of attention to artistic impression of GM logos since Cadillac deleted the merlettes (ducks) from their crest years ago.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can maybe see something like the new logo on any newly introduced EV products , but not on long time legacy models and GM brands.
And somehow don't think the new logo would look on dealer signs, ads and corporate buildings.

Maybe GM just wants to start looking like "not GM". .. . lol.

·
Super Moderator
20,867 Posts
Lowercase letters would certainly define the new demographic.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Old GM logo was classic and fine, but I have no problem with them updating it if they feel the change will connect better with certain demographics.

Besides, it's not on the vehicles anymore, so who cares?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not really sure what the real question is here. Are we writing a bout a logo on GMC trucks or a logo that stands for the entire company that could be used anywhere..

I do not like the small letter gmc for any purpose.

George
Voting on both more or. less.
But It is mostly a vote on how it might transfer over to vehicle logos like GMC . .

Ergo the statement in my first post . . .
"By extension . . . how many would not mind having the (gmc vehicle) emblem below in the nice, pretty power blue letters? "

·
Registered
88 Posts
Don't care for it, looks like of sign of the times and I will leave that right there.

Designed to match the new GM logo
View attachment 10610
I agree. The new logo does not give me the feeling of strength and reliability, which is kind of what we look for in a vehicle.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
As I look at the poll a second time, can't help wonder what the pollster considers the "traditional" logo....

The 1938-1964 logo OR

The 1964-2020 logo?

·
Super Moderator
20,867 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As I look at the poll a second time, can't help wonder what the pollster considers the "traditional" logo....

The 1938-1964 logo OR

The 1964-2020 logo?
Either one with the block type lettering as opposed to the lower case new version with powder blue color scheme.

Which do you consider traditional? How far back shall we go?? LOL

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Either one with the block type lettering as opposed to the lower case new version with powder blue color scheme.

Which do you consider traditional? How far back shall we go?? LOL
I prefer the black and white logo.....of course I'm old enough to have had multiple vehicles with that logo.

There was only one earlier logo....

1908-1938.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Or we could go back to Durant. . . when he formed GM .. . then he was ousted, only to be Mr. GM again. .. . and then ousted again in favor of Sloan I believe. Not sure what logos may have come and go then.
Then there was the Durant-Little association somewhere in there. I have a pair of brass carriage lamps on our mantle that were purportedly off of a 1911 Little.

·
Super Moderator
20,867 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oil . . I wouldn't burn carbide in the house.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts