GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I too am waiting to hear if there will be an incentive. I have a dealer holding a car for me. He thought there was about a 75% chance of the $500 rebate that was available for Memorial Day being brought back for Fourth of July. No rebate could be a deal breaker for us. We're keeping our fingers crossed. Does anyone have any inside info?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Maybe some of our dealer insiders out there can let us know if the Acadia is going to be included... :thumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was working a deal for a GMC Sierra prior to looking at an Acadia. I just got an e-mail back from the salesperson confirming that GM is going to launch some huge incentives starting on 6/28. Hopefully the deals are pretty good but we'll have to wait and see. Again, if any of you insiders know specifics please feel free to jump in. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hearing rumblings of: "there will not be any 0% for 72 like in years past. it looks like bonus cash and 0% for 36 months as it was before."

And also heard through the grape vine that acadia's will not qualify. Again, these are all just rumblings and nothing has been confirmed.....hoping some of our compadres here on the forum will begin chiming in soon.... :poke:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer who is holding an Acadia for me. He does not think the Acadia is included in the new rebate program. Bummer.

Do I purchase the car that he is holding or... wait for a 2008 incentive, pay a little bit more for a car that is not almost a year old, but risk losing the Conquest Cash?

What I dilemma. I have to decide by Thursday.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Big 3 fire up incentives for July 4th

By Chris Woodyard, USA TODAY
Detroit automakers are rolling out some of their most appealing discounts of the year this holiday week, counting heavily on 0% financing to lure debt-strapped consumers.
General Motors (GM) kicked off the sales incentives last week with 0% rates for 36 months and $1,000 cash back.

The deal covers Chevrolets, Buicks, Pontiacs and GMC models, but not some of the most in-demand models such as the Pontiac Solstice roadster or Buick Enclave crossover vehicle[/color]. Later in the week, GM extended the 0% financing offer to up to 60 months for buyers of remaining 2006 models.

Ford Motor (F) also is offering 0% financing on all Ford, Mercury and Lincoln brand vehicles, but upped the ante on much of its truck and SUV lineup with more cash back: $2,007. The deal doesn't cover Ford Edge, Freestyle, E-Series vans or Lincoln MKX.

The smallest of Detroit's Big Three automakers, DaimlerChrysler's (DCX) Chrysler Group, plans to announce its incentives Tuesday. It had a 0% interest program over 60 months in effect on many pickup, minivan and SUV models that ended Monday.

Though 0% financing has shown up periodically for years, its prominent role in the current promotions may be a sign Detroit fears that homeowners "are feeling the pinch" because of falling home values and higher adjustable-rate mortgage payments, says Paul Taylor, chief economist for the National Automobile Dealers Association.

Detroit's Big Three have largely avoided big sales incentives this year, having slashed production that bloated inventories last year.

Though still higher than those of the biggest Japanese brands, Chrysler's average sales inducement was 2% lower in June than in June last year, GM's average incentive was down 10% and Ford's fell 13%, according to an analysis by auto-buying website Edmunds.com.

The analysis includes all forms of discounts or incentives, including below-market interest rates and lease deals.

Automakers said they typically offer sales around Independence Day.

Ford spokesman Jim Cain says the sale was an annual clearance to make way for '08 models.

GM's advertising was centered around plugging its role in the new live-action Transformers movie, which opened Monday.

GM's and Ford's incentives are good through next Monday. Experts say the sales offer good enough deals to make them worthwhile to consumers.

"These short-term, focused incentives tend to be more effective" than longer-term programs, says Tom Libby of the Power Information Network. "The customer doesn't say, 'This is going to go on forever,' " then put off buying.

The deals reflect slowing sales that typically mark the start of summer, says Rob Gentile, director of automotive pricing services for Consumer Reports magazine. "It's a great time … to buy a car."

Find this article at:
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-07-02-car-incentives_N.htm

It's a great time to buy a car unless you want an Acadia or Enclave - the popular models will be left out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here's something interesting. I just received an email from Autobytel announcing the following incentives:

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Autobytel Incentive Alert!!![/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Thank you for using Autobytel. We thought you'd be interested in the following manufacturer incentive information. It's a great time to buy!

2007 Acadia

24 Month 4.9%
36 Month 4.9%
48 Month 5.9
60 Month 6.9%

Cash Allowance $0

I had previously registered with them when I first began looking at the Acadia and Outlook. They included a disclaimer stating the incentive didn't necessarily apply to all regions of the country.

Anyone else hear of this?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts