GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was visiting the Alabama International Auto Show this past weekend and saw this new part in the engine bay of a 2009 Traverse that isn't on the 2008 or 2007 lambdas. It was also on the 2009 Acadia and Enclave. Does anyone know what it is/does? It looks to be an air injector pump of some kind and I wondered if it had anything to do with the direct injection?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
my 2009 does not have that.

My bad, I just checked, it DOES have that!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting.....I'm PRETTY sure I looked at the 09 Acadia and Enclave they had there as well, and it was on them too. BUT, I had two hyper little boys with me...so I may not have gotten around to it.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Our 09 has it and it is connected to a BOSCH unit of some kind that is then connected via a wiring harness in under the engine shroud.

·
Registered
487 Posts
My 09 doesn't have it, could it be that it is only included with the tow package.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
My '09 has it. No tow package, though.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
It is probably part of the heavy duty cooling system.

·
Registered
752 Posts
snap off the engine cover and see what the hose is connected to.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sandman,

Good to see you're still around. Haven't heard too much from you in a while. I'll be interested in the answer to this puzzle. I posed the same question on Oct. 26th at the bottom of the following topic I began here: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4819.0

I guess my question got lost since I never heard anything more about it. Glad it's the topic of discussion once again.

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you notice, the eighth digit of the vin on 09's is a D, where on the 07-08's its a 7. This denotes a different engine. The 2009 models are direct injected, where the older ones are not. Not sure if what you are seeing has to do with that, but from what I can tell, thats the main difference.

The 07-08 engine (GM RPO: LY7, ENGINE GAS, 6 CYL, 3.6L(220 CID), SFI, V6, ALUM, 60 DEGREES, GM 3.6-7(LY7)

The 09's (ENGINE GAS, 6 CYL, 3.6L, DI, V6, ALUM, 60 DEGREES, HO GM 3.6D(LLT)

SFI - Sequential Fuel Injection

DI - Direct Injection

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
blulytes said:
its the flux capacitor
:-X
No, I think it is
the spot where you pour the used vegetable oil to fuel the vehicle?

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Smooth said:
Sandman,

Good to see you're still around. Haven't heard too much from you in a while. I'll be interested in the answer to this puzzle. I posed the same question on Oct. 26th at the bottom of the following topic I began here: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4819.0

I guess my question got lost since I never heard anything more about it. Glad it's the topic of discussion once again.

Smooth[/color] <><
We're mainly guys here & you didn't post a picture. :D

I'm taking a break from some BMW plumbing right now, but will try & look at this later today.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Come on '09 owners. There looks to be a couple of lables on it. What do they say?

My vote goes to Flux Capacitor too. :thumb:

·
Registered
487 Posts
GeoHawk said:
Come on '09 owners. There looks to be a couple of lables on it. What do they say?

how many gigawatts of power do you think it has, can it propel the vehicle to the speed of dark.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
coloradoGM said:
GeoHawk said:

how many gigawatts of power do you think it has, can it propel the vehicle to the speed of dark.
I believe its 1.21 Gigawatts. Don't know the speed of dark though. ;D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Smooth said:
Smooth[/color] <><
We're mainly guys here & you didn't post a picture. :D
OK, here ya go. Nice part - whatever it does!

Smooth [/color] <><

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
OK, looked it over in detail and still don't have a clue. Looks like some type of solenoid. The hose goes to the intake, so it is a vacuum source. Two wires go in, and nothing else is connected to it.

There are no 2009 listings yet on the online parts link I have, so no help there either. Someone in a parts department at a dealer could look it up.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
OK, looked it over in detail and still don't have a clue. ...
Say it's not true! From the man who claims "Blues Clues" no less ;)

Smooth[/color] <><

1 - 20 of 33 Posts