GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious to know if there is any testimonials or reviews of the new 3.6 Direct injection engines they are putting in the 09 models. We went a ahead and purchased a new 08 because of the $1000 worth of rebates and the fact the dealer told me the 09's would go up $1000+ over the 08's with likely no rebates to be had. I was just wondering if you think there would be any significant gains in power or mileage. What does direct injection do?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here is a Motortrend review of the Chevy Traverse which is a sibling to the Acadia and has the same engine that the 09 Acadia will have in it.  Fuel economy goes up slightly and torque/hp go up slighly as well.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/112_0809_2009_chevrolet_traverse_first_drive/index.html

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suvs/112_0809_2009_chevrolet_traverse_first_drive/index.html said:
All Lambdas will be equipped with the gas direct-injection version of the 3.6L V-6 for 2009, but the Traverse intro drive provided the first opportunity to try it in this platform. The Traverse is rated 288 hp and 270 lb-ft, up 13 ponies and 19 lb-ft over the sequential fuel-injection 3.6 of the 2007-'08 crossovers. (Two single-exhaust base models, the Traverse LS and the Outlook XE, are rated 281 hp/253 lb-ft.) The EPA estimate is up 1-mpg city, even-money highway for the FWD version, at 17/24 mpg, and unchanged on the city run, but up 1-mpg highway, at 16/22 for the AWD version.

That power and torque is just what the big, 5000-lb-plus Lambdas need. The Traverse feels like it has plenty of oomph for hills, towing, hauling, whatever. It's short on torque only at launch -- tip-in is its least-impressive feature, but overall, the gas direct-injection corrects Lambda's biggest shortcoming.

·
Registered
487 Posts
As far as power I think the current engine could get the same power, but direct injection is a much more efficient way to deliver fuel to the cylinder so mileage gains are possible even with increased power.

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Nordi-S,

That second link sure had a lot of info! Thx,

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
1,208 Posts