GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an acadia last week, love the car and new to GM's. Im just learning about this site and GM owner resources, recall notices, etc.
Can one of you veteran GMers give us a quick rundown of where to find information about the car ?

I just registered my car with gmlink and was hoping to learn manufacture date, transmission software version etc.

Also, browsing the posts here, Im a bit worried about initial reliability. Is this level of initial problems normal for new
model GM's. Whats the best way to stay on top of this with a new GM to make sure to get the bugs out before the
bumper to bumper expires ? Is dealer servicing necessary for these cars ? I hate getting dealer service for my
honda as it seems that it costs $200-$300 for an oil change and inspections ! At the dealer I purchased the car from
Maintenance I costs $77 and Maintenance II cost $181, which are basically more inspections, an oil change and, in
the case of MII, "lubricating front brake calipers".

·
Registered
542 Posts
I never go to the dealer for that stuff. Pay attention to the manual, not the dealer provided schedule. I have had them want me to come in every 5K for something. I check my manual and find it is unnecessary. My last GM and this one really have little to no service requirements until 100K unlike japanese cars. As I recall the Acadia is the same. The "checks" are minimal and should not cost that much. I suspect they likely are not needed and I wonder if they are even done when you bring it in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've wondered if they bother with the 'check fluids, etc' stuff as well. I also don't follow the dealer suggested items. I'd have another car payment each month if I did. :eek:hno:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts