GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GMC will be dropping Carbon Metallic and replacing it with "Carbon Black Metallic" for the 2008 model year. The new color comes with a premium paint charge of $85.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Cool...makes our Carbon Metallic somewhat rare then. If these were collector cars and we kept them for 30 years all original and low miles, we could sell them for big bucks at Barrett-Jackson! ;D

My last car, '02 Galant was Patriot Red Pearl...only made that color in 2002, changed the name and paint code slightly for other years. Of all 5 years of ownership, I NEVER saw another Patriot Red Pearl GTZ. Always the 4-cyl models...made me feel pretty darn special.

·
Premium Member
894 Posts
Where did you here this?

Any word on the silver grey that was available on the Envoy?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't seen anything on other color additions/deletions.

·
Registered
126 Posts
JimDandy said:
GMC will be dropping Carbon Metallic and replacing it with "Carbon Black Metallic" for the 2008 model year. The new color comes with a premium paint charge of $85.
What is the source? Do you know why they are changing it already? Not sure what "Carbon Black Metallic" means. Is this just black? I am interested since I ordered a Carbon Metallic today! Sharp color.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is referred to as a new "black" color. Good thing you got your order in since Carbon Metallic is facing an early build out date. Carbon Metallic will be built-out for the 2007 model year during the week of May 14th.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
JimDandy, thanks for the info! Good stuff. Look like I can count myself as one of the lucky few! ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
JimDandy said:
It is referred to as a new "black" color. Good thing you got your order in since Carbon Metallic is facing an early build out date. Carbon Metallic will be built-out for the 2007 model year during the week of May 14th.
JimDandy, So you are saying that ALL carbon metallics will be completed by the week of May 14? It seems hard to believe that GM would accept a new order for carbon metallic if every open order must be filled by mid-May. It also seems too early to convert to 2008 models. Late-May and beyond will be 2007 models except carbon metallic? Just doesn't add up.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Anybody know the differnce between the new Carbon Black metalic and the current carbon metallic? Is it just a name change, not a color change?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My interpretation of available information is that no more Carbon Metallic will be built after the week of May 14.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will check with the dealer also. Maybe I will get my Acadia before 12 weeks. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was going to order an '08 tomorrow in Carbon black metallic...I'll be at the dealers getting the scoop in the morning before I do!!!! Someone knows what the dang difference will be!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts