GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got it about 10 days ago. 20 inch GM Chrome Wheels and Tires.
I took off all the Acadia and GM badges from the back and sides.
Added the Denali Grille as well, just wish it didn't have to have the big *** GMC on it.
I really love the folding side mirrors, fits great in the garage.
Anyway, thought I'd share.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Congrats and looks good. I think I've read about others that have either painted the GMC to black or replaced it with a silver logo. You may try looking into those options. With your color, I think you are right that the red logo doesn't quite go with it. On my silver acadia, I kind of like the red logo personally.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks nice. I have the same color but an '07. I haven't done any kind of upgrades. I do have the 3rd brake light cover on order that says "ACADIA". Would like have the running boards but I think I'll have to wait until summer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looks good....How would you rate the fit and finish of the Denali grill? I'm a little leary of the insert grills. I have one on a truck I own, and it looks good from a distance, but up close it appears a bit wavy or cheap looking. I agree though, the front of the Acadia could use some dressing up, I was considering a mesh insert.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Likin' it...where did you get the Denali grill? I definitely like that!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the Grille is pretty decent. I did not realize that they were going to just overlay it on top of the main Grille, but it came out good. I bought it from the Dealer, they wanted around $550 installed, but I worked down the price in my over all total cost for the car.
As far as the GMC on the front, I was thinking of either going with it in Chrome, or maybe trying to paint it to match the Brown Metallic color of the car.
Does anyone know how the GMC is attached to the Grille?

·
Registered
683 Posts
There are other threads that discuss the removal and painting of the GMC emblem. I believe the letters just snap off. Wow that price was expensive for the grille...especially for not being a GMC OEM Denali grille, but rather the overlay...oh and I just saw a post that there is now an Billet style available without the GMC cutout...Doh! :)

·
Registered
812 Posts
NYC!!!! more pics more pics please..... especially the grille... :thumb:

·
Registered
263 Posts
ooooooo! Very Pretty!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Looks great. I like the no emblem look. Do you have a straight on side shot for the tires and wheels? Are the tires 265/55/20's?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you could take a picture of the grill that would be great. Would love to see a close up view. I have been thinking about getting the grill. The car looks good.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll get some pictures of the Grille and Wheels and Tires for you guys.
The Grille seems nice and thick. It did cost $500 bucks installed, well kinda. I worked it into the final price of the car, so I saved a bit.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Can you post some side view pics of your Acadia. I would like a good view of the 20 inch wheels. Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's awesome!!! What grill is that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
bothfly said:
Got it about 10 days ago. 20 inch GM Chrome Wheels and Tires.
I took off all the Acadia and GM badges from the back and sides.
Added the Denali Grille as well, just wish it didn't have to have the big *** GMC on it.
I really love the folding side mirrors, fits great in the garage.
Anyway, thought I'd share.

do you still have the side door chrome acadia badges and will you sell them?? My Acadia doesnt have them and i actually want them..

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
tommyboy1 said:
do you still have the side door chrome acadia badges and will you sell them?? My Acadia doesnt have them and i actually want them..
If he did still have them the adhesive is probably shot, and would be hard to replace with proper stuff. I would imagine you would be better off getting new from parts department. Just my opinion. Are you a badgeless 09 owner? Welcome to the forum, and update your signature with vehicle details.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts