GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

As we continue to grow and add users, it was becoming much more difficult to keep up with all the new posts we're getting everyday. Based on some suggestions from users and my own views, I've created a new board layout. You can see I've expanded the tech section a lot, since most of our posts are technical. This should make it much easier to find relevant posts that you're interested in going forward. Please take a few minutes to look at the description of each new board and try to pick the right board when you start a new thread. this will make finding and replying to your posts much easier for everyone.

Over the next few days, the mods and I will be doing our best to move old topics into the new boards, so please bear with us if things are a bit chaotic during the transition. Once it's done, I think acadiaforum.net will be better than ever and much easier to use.

Finally, I'm fully back at work and back to an (almost) normal routine, which means I'll be giving the forums much more attention in the next week or so. I know I've promised it a while, but I assure you I'll be adding the Gallery to the site sometime in the next week. This will make it much easier to post and share your photos, as each member will have their own gallery linked directly to their profile. More to come on that soon.

For now though, enjoy the new layout, help us by posting in the correct place and thanks for using Acadiaforum.net!!

admin

·
Registered
403 Posts
You are doing a great job! :blob: I've learned a lot...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thank you, and the others, for a truly fine site.
It cant be easy maintaining the high standard that is apparent.

·
Registered
405 Posts
have you changed the sister sites or are they going to stay the same.

LOVE THE NEW LOOK!!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
This forum is GETTING BETTER! :thumb:
Keep up the good work. And thanks for the hard work and dedication.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nice new look, these sites are invalueable for info. Even working for GM I learn stuff from here.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! And as always, please let us know what we can do to make it better!

The other sites will probably migrate to the new layout as needed. The Enclave site is picking up steam very quickly, so I can see it benefiting from this layout in the next month or so. The Outlook site is still pretty slow, but this was to be expected as there are already some pretty well established Saturn forums out there already filling the need for Outlook owners.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Admin - I like the new layout

The only negative aspect is that when you moved topics today, it added over 2 pages of "new posts" to sift through. This made it challenging to find any new posts with new content that were posted between 1:00 and 2:00 (board time) today. Unavoidable, I presume.

Oh well... :-X

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, that's an unfortunate growing pain that we'll have to deal with over the next week or so. I still have lots to move in the main forum, but I think it'll be worth it in the long run. Things will be much easier to find/read afterwards. There's a way to clean up old "MOVED" posts in the forum, so I'll let them stay for about 2 weeks, then clear them out so the boards don't stay cluttered with moved posts.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The board looks great! Much more organized and will benefit when we start getting higher traffic. Thank you!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Thanks Admin! The new organization is just great! And, I can live with all the "new posts." My only comment would be to remove all of the "moved" posts. Maybe there is some programming and software need for this, but that part is much more distracting than the "new post" notations. Maybe for us here from the start we understand.

So, is this what you do when up at night with a new baby? Hope all is going well for your family.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Like the new layout but I'm not sure I would remove the moved posts. They may be helpful for new members to see what has been discussed.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nicely done! Thanks for the change!

Adam

·
Registered
497 Posts
If someone is new to the Board, they won't know any difference. They key here is to follow the Board posting recommendations and use the search function to minimize duplicate threads.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The "Moved Posts" are mainly there for old link in other posts still referring to them. In other words, if someone says "How do I control the DVD from the front?" and someone replies "it's discussed in this link [link to another post]" -that link would be broken once the "MOVED POST" goes away. It's a placeholder that keeps the link intact and tells the user where to go to find the new location.

The forum software has the ability to clean these up, which I plan to do after leaving them for about 2 weeks. I think that'll give current users time to adjust to the new post locations. After that, I'll clean up the moved post links and, with it, the clutter.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You're doing an unbelievable job. I'm sure everyone participating will adjust and do fine with the evolution. Thanks for all your hard work.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I think it is great! I know it is cluttered with the "move", but it has refreshed some of the old topics we have forgotten about! :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts