1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10564&highlight=bluetooth&page=1

:cheers: :wine:
we might have liftoff!!!!
I was searching some other sites on the bluetooth upgrade to the 8.0 onstar... the guys in the g8 forum had a swap between a non bluetooth and bluetooth and good results... please read the link above and see what you all think! To the best of my knowledge, looks like the error they are running into is that they do not have the steering wheel mounted controls like we do??? Just an fyi on our quest to oem bluetooth!!!!!! Anyone close together with that can get two lambda's together one with and without bluetooth and try the onstar box swap!!!!!!!!!! Please let us know, it his work and it get out, might be a huge backorder!!!!!!!!!!! >:D

NOTE - page 5 is the meat to this thread.. After the onstar box swap, the non onstar g8 was able to pair the cell to the radio after simply swapping the onstar module. Also, a gm tech on there states he replaced a non bluetooth onstar unit on a Cadi STS with a New Onstar box w/bluetooth and it worked!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
So does this mean I will be able to have bluetooth in my 2008? Right now I found an Onstar mirror that has a screen in it for a back up camera. Just wondering with the module change if the blue tooth will work.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Good find. I browsed the thread & some of the pics of the boxes look like they have the colored antenna connectors that are on the rear of the Acadia nav radio, so I'm figuring they perform the same function.

I'm not as well versed on options as I was several months ago. Can you get BT in the Acadia w/o the nav radio?

Definitely requires a reflash w/ the GM tool though.

EDIT
Looked at the 2009 options and found this:
UPF NEW! Bluetooth for phone, personal cell phone connectivity to vehicle audio system and HMI (Human Machine Interface)
1 - Included and only available with (PCM) Preferred Package. Requires (UE1) OnStar.

The "1" means it is optional on the SLE, it is standard on the others.[/color]

PCM Preferred Package, includes (AG1) 6-way power driver seat, (AG2) 2-way power front passenger seat, (NP5) leather-wrapped steering
wheel with redundant audio controls, (UPF) Bluetooth for phone and (B86) body-color body side moldings

Looking at this, it most likely uses a module like the G8 guys are talking about. I can't find any 2009 part numbers online to see what is listed for the Acadia.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
An employee just rolled up in a New 2009 SLE I will have to check it out at lunch time. If he has a module I might have to borrow it :eek:,

So the employees new Acadia did not have Blue Tooth, it only had ONSTAR! All that excitment for nothing. Just wait till review time!!!! Sorry for the false alarm.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sweet! I agree that once we can test this we might have liftoff!!! Awesome :banana:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not to burst anyone's bubble, but make sure your phone is on the list of compatible phones so your hacking is not in vain. My Touch Pro does not work well at all with my 09 Acadia (which, for those who were wondering, does not have a nav radio).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi yall - any updates on getting two lambdas together to test? I'm in Northwest Pa anyone nearby with an 09 w/blutooth or anyone else close to eachother to test? Just wondering if this will work or not? Thanks in advance!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts