GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm am 2nd owner of 2016 GMC Acadia AWD.
Car has roughly 24K.
One day it didnt start- no power, got key stuck, couldn't jump with boosters and with other car... due to age of car, being 2nd owner, and recent cold temperature in my region I figured that it was time to buy new battery. Got old battery out, replaced with new one (yes, it's with the side vents). Car started with no problems. Drove around that day and parked it kn the driveway.
Couple of days later, couldn't open with the fob which, open the door with key and no power...got key stuck again.
Fuses and relays are ok, checked them before battery was replaced and now too.
Any idea what it might be? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
20,009 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Next step would be checking for what's drawing enough power to discharge the battery so quickly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have dash cam that is only plugged in while driving.
When I connected booster pack to the terminals under the hood in order to remove key from the ignition, power came on, couldn't start the car though

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Many newer cars require more power to start than did older cars. Your booster pack may be insufficient. About a year ago I tried to start my wife's SRX with a jump from the Acadia. Did not work. Called AAA and service man told me about newer cars and insufficient power.

George

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for getting back to me.
I had truck towed to dealership last night. As soon as they will tell me what caused it and how they fixed it I'll share here.
Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts