GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from picking up our Acadia. ;D We ordered it July 17th, it was built and shipped on August 24th and arrived at the dealership on September 4. So exactly 6 weeks from order date to arrival at the dealer for our vehicle. I stopped by the dealer to check it out on Wednesday and saw that it had come in with a pretty good door ding on the driver's door. We inspected it this morning before all the paperwork was completed and I honestly could not tell where the dent had been. :thumb:

Our dealer offered to do a pass-through to sell our Odyssey. We were asking $12,000 for it, the dealer was offering $9,500 for a trade, and we ended up selling it for $11,400. That worked out to essentially selling it for $12,255 once the sales tax benefit of the pass-through is factored in.
We ended up buying the Acadia for $500 over invoice, minus the $500 conquest cash, and minus about $680 in GM Card earnings I had managed to build back up after buying my Silverado. It came to $35,135 before the Odyssey money was applied.

Anyway, the wife snatched the keys so I haven't had a chance to drive it yet. :'( But so far my wife has called 3 times to tell me how much more she likes it than the Odyssey. We'll see if that changes at all after hauling the kids around. ;)

I'll get some pics up tomorrow...

·
Registered
389 Posts
But so far my wife has called 3 times to tell me how much more she likes it than the Odyssey.
You just might be speaking my language...we (still) keep wondering if the Odyssey is really the more practical choice....though I really love the idea of the Acadia over the Odyssey.

Congratulations - I hope you all continue to enjoy it!!!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mama2girls said:
But so far my wife has called 3 times to tell me how much more she likes it than the Odyssey.
You just might be speaking my language...we (still) keep wondering if the Odyssey is really the more practical choice....though I really love the idea of the Acadia over the Odyssey.

Congratulations - I hope you all continue to enjoy it!!!!!
And I still understand your plight! The Acadia is a super value but if I had the 3 young ones again I would be looking very hard at the Odyssey. I mentioned earlier that we had 2 of them and other than Honda's typical rattling interior.s they were superb and highly configurable family vehicles and were problem free. A few weeks back my wife and I were out and about on a Sunday afternoon and for fun we stopped to look at some new Odysseys. They are so much improved from the ones we had and loved that we were joking around saying we should have a few more kids so we had a good excuse to get a new ODY. They are just excellent on long trips. Either car is a good value and a good buy but what do you and your husband really need for your situation?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Tom....let's not start this discussion again!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I would make a few people not too happy!!!! ;D

We are closer than ever to deciding. Promise. Luckily, we are not in a hurry. We can take our time and make the best decision for our family, for our finances, for our marriage! ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mama2girls said:
Tom....let's not start this discussion again!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I would make a few people not too happy!!!! ;D

We are closer than ever to deciding. Promise. Luckily, we are not in a hurry. We can take our time and make the best decision for our family, for our finances, for our marriage! ;)
I agree Meredith. Plus, I'm an outsider now and shouldn't be stirring up the pot (not that it was my intention to do so). As thorough as you are I'm confidant that you'll make a decision that fully meets your needs. Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks Tom - how are you enjoying your new ride???

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mama2girls said:
Thanks Tom - how are you enjoying your new ride???
I like it but it is not as functional as my XC70 was. Very high end interior in terms of materials and build quality. Did I make the best choice? Not sure, the jury is still out. I still get my head turned by an Acadia every once in a while.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Acadias are starting to fill the streets where I live. I haven't seen one in person that I don't love, even colors I would never buy for myself.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well....I'm on day 5 of owning my new Acadia and my fears of giving up the convenience of my mini van have been put to rest. My kids love the new car and find it very easy to get in and out.

It feels sooooo good not to be a mini van mom (after 8 years, might I add) any more.

Go for the Acadia. You'll love it!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Another mama speaking my language. Glad to know you don't miss your minivan. You should post on the sliding doors thread!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts