GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My wife and I traded in an 02 Yukon XL for a 2008 Acadia. We actually were looking at new ones, but found a used GMC certified one with all our options except the sun roof. I have been lurking on this forum for a few days and it looks like there are a few things I need to address. The number one thing is the tranny update. I will let everyone know my thoughts on the update once we do it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Congrats on you purchase. Pics would be nice. :worthless:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Congrat's and welcome to the forum! Before the forum police get you please put info about your Acadia in your signature.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
insti08 said:
Congrat's and welcome to the forum! Before the forum police[/color] get you please put info about your Acadia in your signature.
Yeah I would hate if someone diagnosed a problem you had but thought you had an 09 instead of an 08

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
jsimms, Blue was supposed to get him!!! >:D

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Despite my MPD, I can't be everywhere so I occasionally deputize other members.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
insti08 said:
jsimms, Blue was supposed to get him!!! >:D
Blue knows things before you hit post on the reply page

·
Registered
84 Posts
ok i'm still new but i do see the usefulness of having this info in your sig line. But, its not just helpful to those trying to diagnose problems, etc, its also helpful to others that read your recomendations, problems/likes/dislikes etc.. to know if they're vehicle is the same one.

that being said, I find it quite odd that Jsimms and Blue's sig line do not give these same details that are asked of all of us? Can/would you mind to update yours as well. You guys post here a lot and have a wealth of knowledge so it would just be nice if we "newbies" could see what you have when interpreting you're posts!! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
jiggly said:
I find it quite odd that Jsimms and Blue's sig line do not give these same details that are asked of all of us? Can/would you mind to update yours as well. You guys post here a lot and have a wealth of knowledge so it would just be nice if we "newbies" could see what you have when interpreting you're posts!! Thanks!
You tell 'em jiggly! :clap2: :thumb: heh

And... welcome to the forum tbensor. :welcome:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Signature line added ;D

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
jsimms said:
Signature line added ;D
Mr. Smarty-Pants... you do realize that those codes in your sig mean squat to the average member here. Way to be helpful there sir. :p ::)

·
Super Moderator
21,772 Posts
Web Raven said:
Mr. Smarty-Pants... you do realize that those codes in your sig mean squat to the average member here. Way to be helpful there sir. :p ::)
Yeah, what the Queen said! You forgot a few, didn't you?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks. I think I updated my signature.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
jiggly said:
That being said, I find it quite odd that Jsimms and Blue's sig line do not give these same details that are asked of all of us? Can/would you mind to update yours as well? You guys post here a lot and have a wealth of knowledge so it would just be nice if we "newbies" could see what you have when interpreting your posts!! Thanks!
If we can convince admin to increase the character count on the signature, I'll be happy to do so. I have to weigh the info that is available against what will fit. As it stands, the Blues Clues link eats up a lot of space, but it is a necessity. Since I don't ask any Acadia-related questions, I did away with my vehicle info in favor of the tips that are there now. At least my user name takes care of the color, year, & model. The tips in conjunction with Blues Clues will answer a majority of the questions new people have if they take the time to read & follow them ;). I think I have < 10 characters left as of right now.

Trust me, I'd love to have one that lists my vehicles as others do. I'd even add in some pics and an animated GIF:
2009 SLT2 FWD Nav, Cooled seats, HUD, Tow package, 8 passenger, added Starboards running boards and the $3 nav over-ride mod (Mrs. Blue's vehicle)
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 5.7L Hemi, six speed, MyGig nav radio, Roto-fab CAI, HD cooling mods, MyGig lockpick, Aftermarket wider wheels/tires and HID
2006 20' dovetail car hauler, added stake sides
1998 Dodge Durango 5.9L R/T clone, Pioneer head unit, Mopar R/T headers, R/T 17" wheels, 3" exhaust, tow/utility vehicle
1995 Pontiac Trans Am 6.2L LT4 spec stroker, rear mount T70 turbo, 3" FMIC, 55# injectors, HOT cam, 1.6 RR, SPEC stage 3+, Bulletproof T56, Lingenfelter DS, Moser 3.73 12 bolt, 17" ZR-1 replica wheels, C5 front / 98+ F-body rear disks

1994 BMW "553iT" wagon, Homemade conversion, 2005 aluminum block 5.3L GMC Sierra motor, front mount T70 turbo, ATI twin high-flow IC, Z06 cam, 7 series diff, M5 replica wheels
1991 Dodge Daytona C/S 2.5L turbo, 1 of 150 made this year, added Pioneer Nav/BT head unit, Homelink, remote start alarm
1988 Mazda RX-7, Hinson Supercars conversion, 2005 Chevy Silverado aluminum block 5.3L V8, Z06 cam, Pacesetter longtube headers, T56, C4 DS, Turbo 2 diff, M-classic 18" wheels
1988 Toyota Supra, Homemade conversion, 2003 Chevy Avalanche iron block 5.3L V8, stock, TKO600 trans, 1991 Supra wheels & 4.30:1 LSD
1975 Datsun 280Z, JTR conversion, original motor, T56, and wheels from 1995 Trans Am, 4 wheel disk conversion
1966 Chevy Corvair Corsa convertible, only year for factory AC for this model, front disk conversion, adding TBI injection & DIS ignition
1965 Chevy Corvair Corsa coupe, added factory AC while working at a Buick dealer, Chrysler Sebring bucket seats, 4 wheel "E" car disk brakes, remote oil cooler and AC condenser, Weber carb conversion

Characters with spaces: 1910. :nono:

Of course, these don't count my kid's 1991 BMW 525 & the 18HP/42" cut six-speed Sears lawn tractor. :D

I think I'd be eligible for Social Security by the time people got done reading it. :) In the meantime, I've settled on my animated GIF avatar, although I really miss the Chuck Norris theme we had here a while back.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Web Raven said:
I just wanted to see if anyone actually read the signatures; plus I am in a non conformist time in my life :D

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
speleos said:
Yeah, what the Queen said! You forgot a few, didn't you?
My build sheet lists 104 RPO codes; I don't think they will all fit in the signature block

·
Super Moderator
21,772 Posts
Geez, who cares about all[/color] those RPO codes in this rank-n-file ownership discussion group? :confused:

p.s. Blue, aren't you one of the car dealers getting shut down by Obama and crew? :cheers:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
speleos said:
Geez, who cares about all[/color] those RPO codes in this rank-n-file ownership discussion group? :confused:

p.s. Blue, aren't you one of the car dealers getting shut down by Obama and crew? :cheers:
Well the most important one is 78U

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
jsimms said:
Well the most important one is 78U
Yes, we ALL know how much you like that one. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts