GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, We took delivery of our 2009 Acadia AWD SLT2 last Wed the 13th and I have to say we love it. It was ordered 7/9 and built 8/4 which really suprised us and the dealer. We drove it to northern MI last weekend and we were able to get 23mpg with the cruise set at 74 so I am very happy.

Thank You for all of the great information which made the ordering process much better.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase and welcome. :cheers:

Nice mileage numbers too. Gotta love that DI engine. :thumb:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sparkchsr said:
Hi Everyone, We took delivery of our 2009 Acadia AWD SLT2 last Wed the 13th and I have to say we love it. It was ordered 7/9 and built 8/4 which really suprised us and the dealer. We drove it to northern MI last weekend and we were able to get 23mpg with the cruise set at 74 so I am very happy.

Thank You for all of the great information which made the ordering process much better.
Congratulations on your new Acadia....if I'm not mistaken, there's a breaking period of 500 miles. You mentioned that you were crusing at 74. GMC recommends not to exceed 55 for the first 500 miles. Just a thought Sparkchsr ;)

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Great build time (< a month!) & MPG, especially for the speed & AWD. We're still anticipating a "build week" of 8-25 on our SLT2. It was ordered/entered by dealer on 8-7, so if we get the same time frame I'll be happy.

With 288 HP on tap, it has to be hard to drive 55. Just ask Sammy Haggar. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I managed to stay below 55 for the first 100 miles but on the freeway I thought we would get run over! I did manage to stay below 65 for 350 miles or so then it was game on... did I mention we really love this car/truck

·
Registered
200 Posts
I never know whether to call it a car or a truck either. I usually say "Let's take the Acadia." :thumb:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
All of my extended family calls it the van. :eek:hno: I guess since everyone has a minivan except for us, it's always ... "should we take our van or yours?.." I just smile and think "sucks to be you" ;D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sparkchsr said:
I managed to stay below 55 for the first 100 miles but on the freeway I thought we would get run over! I did manage to stay below 65 for 350 miles or so then it was game on... did I mention we really love this car/truck
Nothing personal, but this is why I have never bought a used car. Depreciation, you say ??? ah, right....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Everyone has their own opinions on break-in times and thats ok. I feel that if you vary the speed and rpms for the first few hundred miles (without hammering on it) it will be fine. I think GM puts that out so that you don't drive it off the lot, set cruise at 75 then go for hundreds of miles which would not be good at all for the drivetrain. I have done this same routine and many cars that I have bought and built. This is just my opinion thats all.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Sparkchsr said:
Everyone has their own opinions on break-in times and thats ok. I feel that if you vary the speed and rpms for the first few hundred miles (without hammering on it) it will be fine. I think GM puts that out so that you don't drive it off the lot, set cruise at 75 then go for hundreds of miles which would not be good at all for the drivetrain. I have done this same routine and many cars that I have bought and built. This is just my opinion thats all.
We are supposed to get our 09 on Oct 1st our breain will be hauling the wifes trailer all over gods green earth starting on teh 10th. We will be heading from London to Sarnia Ontario crossing over the Blue Water Bridge. We will then drive to Crittenden Kentucky and stopping for teh night. Load up in teh morning again and head to Gatlinburg Tenn for 3 days then from there through the smokeys to Savannah GA we will be there for 3 days and visiting HHI Southcarolina. We then head from there to Homossa Springs in FLA then after 3 days there we are off to Myakka River state park for 3 days then we haul up to Disney to stay at Fort Wilderness for 7 days then we are leaving to haul everything back home to London driving straight through. so about 6 thousand Kilometers from start to finnish. Not bad of a break in on the new truck towing a 1700 LB trailer behind it loaded with a rooftop box 3 bikes for 3 of our kids and all 6 of us inside.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Hopefully nobody will wreck you down here & no one flips out due to the "crowd of 6" inside! I-75 & I-4 where you are talking about can be tough ones depending on the time of day.

BTW, it's Homosassa Springs. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Silver Green has arrived at last!

My Acadia is at the dealer as of yesterday. Went from a build date of 7/21 to 8/19 waiting for the wiring harness for the Technology package. It goes to Ziebart Monday for the Diamond paint protection and I will most likely get it Tuesday. Hooray!

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Aren't they built in Lansing? That $735 destination fee really sucks, but at least you are finally getting it!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Hopefully nobody will wreck you down here & no one flips out due to the "crowd of 6" inside! I-75 & I-4 where you are talking about can be tough ones depending on the time of day.

BTW, it's Homosassa Springs. :)
Ya we know it is Homossasa but all the people from the Orlando area we know call it Homosa for whatever reason. We drive I 75 and I-4 every year we are DVC members so we drive down to Florida every Dec we are just pulling the wifes tent trailer and camping this year and in Oct rather than Dec. On a side note why would people freak out about 6 people in our truck no one has ever freaked out about 6 in our minivan???

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
The flip out was an internal reference due to the quantity of people & hours inside the vehicle. :) So long as all play well together, things are great.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
The flip out was an internal reference due to the quantity of people & hours inside the vehicle. :) So long as all play well together, things are great.
Ah ya no the kids love the drive much more than flying down they all feel it adds to the holiday. I thought you menat people on the road would flip out LOL.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Yeah, that's what I meant, but in the metro areas such as Tampa/Miami/Orlando, they "flip off" first, then flip out. You're OK everywhere except for Miami, since the final stage involves ramming and/or fist fights/gunfire. :violent: :uzi:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Aren't they built in Lansing? That $735 destination fee really sucks, but at least you are finally getting it!
Yes, they are built about four miles from my house. I could have driven it home from there, ha ha. Guess it would be to hard to pro rate the destination charge so all pay the same.
I am a GM retiree and have two friends working at the plant.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Blue_2009_SLT2 said:
Yeah, that's what I meant, but in the metro areas such as Tampa/Miami/Orlando, they "flip off" first, then flip out. You're OK everywhere except for Miami, since the final stage involves ramming and/or fist fights/gunfire. :violent: :uzi:
LOL well we won't be in Miami so we should be golden LOL.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts