GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all. New Acadia owner. Fell into a 2009 SLT-1 with "Wait for it" 27,198 certified miles. It looks and drives like new. Have only had it 2 months but it seems to be doing great. I have serviced the tranny with Amsoil synthetic (38 year Amsoil dealer) and just finished replacing the A/C blend door actuator yesterday when the passenger side started to blow hot instead of cold. This is not a good thing in SE AZ. Wanted to know any pitfalls to be aware of. My next 2 projects are 1. to service the cooling system and I have seen some indicators of air blockages causing overheats. Any suggestions there? 2. Install hitch and wiring for towing my utility trailer. I will also be installing a tranny cooler. I have read that these Acadias have problems with the plastic tanks cracking and ruining the transmission by mixing ATF and antifreeze. Any opinions on this? All comments gratefully accepted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still me. Have a question for the forum. My 09 SLT-1 has 2 buckets in the middle area and the bench in the back. Is there an option for a center bench or a console between the 2 bucket seats in the center? Lastly, I want to swap the front passenger seat (2 way power) with a 6 way power seat. Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Search the forum. You can find all sorts of issues with early Lambdas.

If you have a sunroof, make sure the drains are clear. Make sure all the recalls have been completed.

One of the big issues was the transmission wave plate failure. GM offered a special coverage for that repair. Unfortunately it was only good for 10 years.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi to all. New Acadia owner. Fell into a 2009 SLT-1 with "Wait for it" 27,198 certified miles. It looks and drives like new. Have only had it 2 months but it seems to be doing great. I have serviced the tranny with Amsoil synthetic (38 year Amsoil dealer) and just finished replacing the A/C blend door actuator yesterday when the passenger side started to blow hot instead of cold. This is not a good thing in SE AZ. Wanted to know any pitfalls to be aware of. My next 2 projects are 1. to service the cooling system and I have seen some indicators of air blockages causing overheats. Any suggestions there? 2. Install hitch and wiring for towing my utility trailer. I will also be installing a tranny cooler. I have read that these Acadias have problems with the plastic tanks cracking and ruining the transmission by mixing ATF and antifreeze. Any opinions on this? All comments gratefully accepted.
I assume that as an Amsoil dealer that you will be running Amsoil in your engine. Be aware that these engines are prone to sludging up so oil changes at a maximum of 5,000 miles are a must despite the extended mileage capabilities of synthetic oils.
We have a 2008 Acadia with a center bench seat so these seats are available.

·
Super Moderator
22,477 Posts
Search the forum. You can find all sorts of issues with early Lambdas. ...
If they search the forum, they'll also find answers to many of the questions posed in the initial post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I assume that as an Amsoil dealer that you will be running Amsoil in your engine. Be aware that these engines are prone to sludging up so oil changes at a maximum of 5,000 miles are a must despite the extended mileage capabilities of synthetic oils.
We have a 2008 Acadia with a center bench seat so these seats are available.
Lwcfmc, thx again for the info. I called Amsoil Tech Svcs. The EAO17 and EA15K50 filters are used by my 09 Acadia and 15 Caddilac SRX. The EAO47 has been discontinued. Trannys have both been done with Amsoil. Just replaced the Acadia's blend door actuator when the pax side turned hot instead of cold. Hitch arrived yesterday. Will install it on the weekend along with the wire harness. Deciding on which tranny cooler to install. Do you know if I install a tow/haul switch does it require a replacement cause my dealer said he was not allowed to do it. Any other info would be appreciated. Thx for console info too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lwcfmc, thx again for the info. I called Amsoil Tech Svcs. The EAO17 and EA15K50 filters are used by my 09 Acadia and 15 Caddilac SRX. The EAO47 has been discontinued. Trannys have both been done with Amsoil. Just replaced the Acadia's blend door actuator when the pax side turned hot instead of cold. Hitch arrived yesterday. Will install it on the weekend along with the wire harness. Deciding on which tranny cooler to install. Do you know if I install a tow/haul switch does it require a replacement cause my dealer said he was not allowed to do it. Any other info would be appreciated. Thx for console info too.
EA15k50 is for the Acadia.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Hitch arrived yesterday. Will install it on the weekend along with the wire harness. Deciding on which tranny cooler to install. Do you know if I install a tow/haul switch does it require a replacement cause my dealer said he was not allowed to do it. Any other info would be appreciated. Thx for console info too.
IIRC your year Acadia will operate properly into tow mode if you install the proper switch. How much are you planning to tow?
Others will chime in with the extra items you need (tow package fuse block, HD rad...??).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IIRC your year Acadia will operate properly into tow mode if you install the proper switch. How much are you planning to tow?
Others will chime in with the extra items you need (tow package fuse block, HD rad...??).
Thx. Have been delayed on hitch install. Replaced AC actuator, passenger side hot air. Worked for 2 days then failed hot. Shut AC off, then vehicle. Sat for 1 min. Started car, AC back on, working. Happened twice more but has now worked ok for 3 weeks. Hope to do headlight lenses this weekend. Serviced tranny with Amsoil fluid at 27450 miles, bought it with 27198. Will service annually to try to keep trabny operating. Next is Amsoil OE oil change, every 6 Mos or 5k miles. Want to keep it running g as long as I can. Averaging about 18.t mpg in mixed driving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts