GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Picking this one up. Should have all the paperwork done by Monday. Replacing my 2007 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT. Drove a Tahoe, Acadia and Traverse this past weekend. The Acadia was the most comfortable, smoothest and appears to be the best value for the money.

Here are my specs....

4SA - SLT-1 Pkg
58U - Carbon Flash Metallic
192 - Ebony Leather
LLT - Engine, 3.6L VVT DOHC V6 SIDI
MH6 - Transmission, Auto. 6-Spd (AWD)

ABC : Seating, 8-Pass. 2,3,3 QLW : Tires, P255/65R18 BW-ALS
AG1 : Seat Adjuster, Driver. Power QT5 : Wheel, 18" X 7.5" Alumin. Machined
AG2 : Seat Adjuster, Pass. Power T43 : Spoiler, Rear
AM9 : Seat, Rear, 2nd Row, Split Back Folding T82 : Headlamp Control, Auto On-Off
AP8 : Remote Keyless Entry, Extended Range T96 : Fog Lamps, Frt.
AR9 : Seats, Frt. Bucket, Deluxe TB4 : Liftgate-Manual
ARN : Seat, Rear, 3rd Row, 60/40 Bench, Manual U2K : XM-Radio Digital Audio System-S-Band
AY0 : Restraint System, Inf. Driver & Pass & Head Curtain UC1 : Speedometer in Miles
B86 : Moldings, Bodyside-Body Color UD7 : Ultrasonic Rear Park Assist
C98 : Frt Pass Airbag Supression UE1 : OnStar
CJ2 : HVAC System, Frt. Tri-Zone UG1 : Universal Home Remote
DD8 : Mirror, ISRV, Lt. Sensitive UH9 : Cluster Inst-Cool Temp, Trip OD, Tach, DIC
DS3 : Mirror, OS LH & RH Remote, Elect. Man. Heated-Colored UJ6 : Tire Inflator Monitor
EF7 : Country, U.S. UK3 : Redundant Controls
FE2 : Suspension System, Ride & Handling UK6 : Rear Seat Audio Controls & Headphone Jacks
GW5 : Ratio Transaxle Final Drive 3.16 UPF : OnStar Bluetooth Info.
JL9 : Brake System, Pwr. Frt & RR Disc. Antilock UQA : Bose 10-Speaker System w/Sub-Woofer
K34 : Cruise Control US8 : Radio, CD, AM/FM Stereo, w/MP3 & RDS
KA1 : Heated Seats, Frt. V08 : Cooling System, HD
NEA : Exhaust System-Dual With Chrome Tips V2P : Roof Rails-Longitudinal-Brushed Alum.
NP5 : Steering Wheel, Leather w/ Audio Controls V92 : Trailering Provisions
NV7 : Steering, Power Variable Effort VK3 : License Plate Frt, Mounting Pkg.
NW9 : Traction Control VR2 : Trailer Hitch, Factory Installed
PCI : Visibility Pkg. Y91 : SLT-1 Decor
PCM : Preferred Pkg YF5 : California Emissions
QD6 : Compact Spare Tire & Wheel, Steel Z88 : Market Brand-GMC

I'm sure I'll be posting more in the future. I'll have pics as soon as I have it in hand....Just wanted to say hi!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Welcome to the forum; I hope that you enjoy the Acadia. How was the test drive in the Traverse as compared to the Acadia

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome . Good luck with your new Acadia :thumb:

Bobby

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome also. Hope you don't have to type in that user name every time you visit! :) Good job on the option listing.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Nice color choices - keep it clean and it's the sharpest car around.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jsimms said:
Welcome to the forum; I hope that you enjoy the Acadia. How was the test drive in the Traverse as compared to the Acadia?
A few observations about the Traverse....I drove an LTZ (Dark Crimson) and was prepared to really like it, but was underwhelmed. The interior seems a little bargin bin as compared to the upper level SLT-1 and SLT-2 Acadias. I was test driving it in some serious Northern California weekend traffic and really needed to have some peripheral vision in my blind spots, but the visibility to the rear quarter panels is not good. Lastly, and probably the biggest turnoff, was the way the vehicle was geared.....it seems weird, but there's definintely a dead spot (ie no power) from about 35-50 mph. I had my foot to the floor (granted, I had the wife, two kids and the salesman in the car with me), but I could not get it to move.......I thought I was going to have to get out and push. I didn't do a lot of research on the Traverse/Acadia beforehand, but correct me if I am wrong, they have the some engine? It was night and day driving the Acadia vs. the Traverse, especially in the engine/power department. I jumped on the Acadia getting on the freeway and it just took off.......The Acadia's engine responsiveness was one of the reasons I backed off of a Tahoe....I can justify the Tahoe's size but don't like the third row seats in the Tahoe (they don't fold flat!) and the interior cargo volume, which is a big deal for me, is actually as good or better in the Acadia. With the V6 in the Acadia, I'll get better gas mileage (hopefully).

·
Super Moderator
21,964 Posts
dug, I'll welcome you, also.

You raised an interesting question regarding the Traverse and Acadia. They are supposed to have the same running gear (engine and trans) but some differences in sheet metal and underhood arrangement could alter the engine performance characteristics. Then again, it just could have been differences between the two individual vehicles you drove. I'm willing to bet that my Acadia doesn't drive, feel or perform exactly the same as any other 2007 SLT-2. I think we need to organize an Acadia Owners Rallye to prove or disprove some of the many points you'll find in this forum.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Welcome and enjoy yours like we have ours for over 2 years.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts