GMC Acadia Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,
Brand new Acadia owner here, just got a 2015 SLE edition. I'm a young guy and work as a mechanic currently, and am not quite ready to settle for driving a family wagon or something not as fun/ aggressive as my old truck. I'm looking to get a little more stance/ power out of the car to make it more livable for me. I absolutely love the SUV, just I'm not willing to drive it stock.

Stuff already found:
JET MAF
K&N filter
Ported Throttle Body
Spacer
Suspension leveling kit
NP Boosted Coils/E3 Plugs

If anyone has anything they think would help please feel free to say something!
Note: I know some people are purists and advocate for keeping things stock, and I fully respect that but its just not what I subscribe to.
Save your money for transmission around 70,000 miles that’s when my GMC Arcadia Delani went out so much for the professional grade. I bought my Acadia when it was at 32,000 miles. I have to compromise I love the body style and the looks !

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Not to mention the Diavel does sub 11 second quarter miles at near 135 mph. Not much more exhilarating than being on 2 wheels at those speeds.
Wonder if there are any nearby places to rent one ? Nah. .. . might get in trouble.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Wonder if there are any nearby places to rent one ? Nah. .. . might get in trouble.
When I was in my twenties, I would have wanted one very badly. As I near 70, I'm almost wise enough to realize that would be a bad idea.....even though I still long to own a big block Boss Hoss.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I "downgraded" in size to a 2009 Sportster XL1200C with some addons some years back and that was sufficient. But even at that I find I don't ride as much. Fewer buddies nearby to ride with and by brother is too far away with his Harley. I'm just north of 70 and legs, knees, etc complain more these days.

·
Super Moderator
19,649 Posts
When I was in my twenties, I would have wanted one very badly. As I near 70, I'm almost wise enough to realize that would be a bad idea.....even though I still long to own a big block Boss Hoss.
My aspiration to own a MC died when the engine of a Norton Commando 750 bucked and put the kick-starter halfway through my leg just above the ankle.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Had a Honda Shadow for a couple years a few years ago... just don't trust other people enough, this town's too big for a motorcycle for me.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts