GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a our first child having just arrived :binky:(April 16th to be exact), the wife and I knew it was time to get rid of my 2-door G35 :beer:and find a more family friendly vehicle :angel:.

I spent the last two months eyeing the Lamda family of vehicles from GM. Debated between the Saturn Outlook and Acadia (didn't even consider the Enclave or Traverse... just didn't get into their looks). Finally decided on the Acadia when the wife weighed in on her opinion.

Last Saturday, while my wife waited at the hospital with my mother-in-law, my father-in-law drove me to the Buena Park GMC dealership to meet with an internet consultant I'd been communicating with the last month. Through his efforts, he located an SLT-1 that contained MOST of the options we were looking for. Quicksilver, ebony interior, capitain's seats in the second row, and power liftgate (my wife is 4'10"). We would have loved to have the visibility package (backup camera and sensors) but couldn't find one with only those options so I'm looking to do the install later.

I've seen the various posts from searching the forums but if anyone has any other tips or suggestions, it would be much appreciated. I'd like to get the option looking as OEM as possible (backup camera in the rear view mirror and similar type of sensor).

Thanks again everyone! Great vehicle so far! :cheers:

Andre

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on BOTH new additions!

I'm still on the hunt for my Acadia, and inventory is getting more and more sparse (I'm likely going to have to order). For backup cameras/monitors, check out the vehicle application guide at crutchfield.com as a starting point.

Previous posts have mentioned a camera by Samsung that seems to get good reviews, but I haven't found detailed information on it as of yet.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
mtnbound said:
Welcome to the forum and congrats on BOTH new additions!

I'm still on the hunt for my Acadia, and inventory is getting more and more sparse (I'm likely going to have to order).[/color] For backup cameras/monitors, check out the vehicle application guide at crutchfield.com as a starting point.

Previous posts have mentioned a camera by Samsung that seems to get good reviews, but I haven't found detailed information on it as of yet.
Auto Trader is a good source; it will show private sales and dealers

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome to the Acadia forum Andre and family :blob: Please post specs (vehicle options and location) in your signature. It will be easier for everyone to help with possible questions in the future should you have any ;D

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I spent 3-4 months tracking down an Acadia with the factory trailer package. Best thing I did. If you order one get the trailer package.
I got mine for our new little one. So much mor room for seats and strollers. The second row captain chairs were the best decision.
I was looking to add rear camera to my 07 SLT1 but was not sure how? E bay is selling a dactory nav/dvd system to replace your other system.
does anyone know if it I can add the camera to this if I was to change the dash radir to the Nav radio??

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Econow said:
I spent 3-4 months tracking down an Acadia with the factory trailer package. Best thing I did. If you order one get the trailer package.[/color]
I got mine for our new little one. So much mor room for seats and strollers. The second row captain chairs were the best decision.
I was looking to add rear camera to my 07 SLT1 but was not sure how? E bay is selling a dactory nav/dvd system to replace your other system.
does anyone know if it I can add the camera to this if I was to change the dash radir to the Nav radio??
I have been recommending that since I read about one member and the "horror story" he had with adding the factory fuse block after the fact

There has been discussion about adding a rear camera and the NAV unit to an 07; search around and see what you can find

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.