GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just got my new Acadia, and just found this forum...very happy with both. Looking forward to finding all the good stuff about my new vehicle.
Walked into a local GMC dealer this past Sunday wanting to look at this Acadia thing i had read about and drove out about 4 hours later in a 2008 Deep metallic Blue/titanium leather, fwd, SLT-1 with Nav, rear ent system, HUD, rear cargo audio controls, 19" aluminum alloy wheels, sunroof, the convenience package, the preferred package...ithink that's it. Really loved it once I saw it and drove it.

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum and look forward to the info that I can gain and hopefully give.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome to the club and congrats!

Be sure to update your signature line with your baby's details.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Welcome to the forum and yippee on the new car. I hope you end up loving yours as much as we do ours!!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome!
You got my fave color as well...here's to you :cheers:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Welcome. I'm always kind of jealous of people who can just walk into a dealership, decide they like something, then drive it home. I'm one of those neurotic people who stalk their new cars for months and research them like I'm writing a dissertation. Then once I finally figure out what I want, I try to beat every last nickel out of the deal itself.
:deadhorse:

·
Registered
18 Posts
loach said:
Welcome. I'm always kind of jealous of people who can just walk into a dealership, decide they like something, then drive it home. I'm one of those neurotic people who stalk their new cars for months and research them like I'm writing a dissertation. Then once I finally figure out what I want, I try to beat every last nickel out of the deal itself.
"Stalked" is exactly the correct term! Took me 8 months to research, compare, test drive, and negotiate the sale!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I'm REALLY jelous of people that can walk in on a Sunday, and drive out with a car.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
loach said:
:ditto:

Oh and welcome mack.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, all! I usually agonize over decisions like these but I had done some shopping around for other SUV/Crossover vehicles prior to this and really was not impressed I also had a great coupon (conquest program) from GMAC to get me out of my non GM lease early, so...really loved this vehicle from the minute I got into it.

The inability to use certain features of the nav/xm system while driving kind of irked me (didn't realize the lockout until I was driving home) but that is a small inconvenience in an otherwise great package. :thumb:

·
Registered
166 Posts
mack115 said:
The inability to use certain features of the nav/xm system while driving kind of irked me (didn't realize the lockout until I was driving home) but that is a small inconvenience in an otherwise great package. :thumb:
I have to ask which features are locked out. That's a bit of a surprise (but maybe standard protocol?) to me. That's what the passenger is for!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you cannot input addresses into the nav or use the scroll on the xm (for instance, you can only see the first six categories and stations when you go into the genre mode on xm) while the vehicle is in motion. all other features seem to work i.e. poi's, repositioning map, using address book, manual control of xm stations. I honestly haven't tried it with a passenger to see if it is linked to the passenger airbag control or something but have read that it wont work without an aftermarket module of some sort.

·
Registered
166 Posts
mack115 said:
you cannot input addresses into the nav or use the scroll on the xm (for instance, you can only see the first six categories and stations when you go into the genre mode on xm) while the vehicle is in motion. all other features seem to work i.e. poi's, repositioning map, using address book, manual control of xm stations. I honestly haven't tried it with a passenger to see if it is linked to the passenger airbag control or something but have read that it wont work without an aftermarket module of some sort.
I see. Doesn't sound TOO painful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not too bad at all, just a bit annoying when you want to update a destination or something...need to actually pull over and stop to do the input. Guess it's for our own good!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
I'm REALLY jelous of people that can walk in on a Sunday, and drive out with a car.
;D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_law"]Blue Law[/url]

In Texas, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania, car dealerships continue to operate under blue-law prohibitions in which an automobile may not be purchased or traded on a Sunday.
Maybe we just need to move.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It would appear in Florida the dollar talks...the blue laws have mostly all been repealed!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got my Acadia too about a month ago. Found this website looking for additional info about the Acadia. I had a tough time finding the Gold Mist color optioned the way I wanted it. Had one transported in from Yankton, South Dakota. So far so good! I'll check back soon.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Copperhead13 said:
Copperhead13 said:
Maybe we just need to move.
Where to?
One of the states not listed in my previous post??? LMFAO

Actually I quite like the midwest and the Chicago-burbs area in particular. I'm not envious enough of people who are able to purchase vehicles on Sundays to actually move. :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts