GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to stop by and say thanks. I have been looking at and trying to decide for months on either an Acadia or a Tahoe. For so long the Acadia was the front runner. However, last week I drove them side by side and the Tahoe won. This past Saturday my wife and I purchased our Tahoe. The Acadia is a great GM car and to those that are driving one you have a great car. May all of GM's cars and truck continue to nail the toyo and honda lovers of the world. Again, thanks. Having access to a forum like this really takes the edge off a purchase as large as this. I appreciate all the great views and ideas. I will be over at www.tahoeforum.com taking care of my baby!

EDIT
Even though the thread starter is no longer here, we've made good use of this thread so I renamed it.
Blue[/color]

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Re: 2009 purchase

Thanks for stopping by & helping out GM! :thumb:

·
Registered
79 Posts

We had the same decision to make... We were looking at either a Z71 Tahoe or the Acadia (Yukon was considered but we liked the frontend of the Tahoe better), Ultimately we ended up with our Acadia. Just made alot more sense since it is mostly driven by my wife to and from school with the kids and short trips around town. We have been really happy with our Acadia so far.

Support your future... Invest in America!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

I almost bought a Yukon, the price was right and I was ready to go..............then the heavens parted and the Acadia appeared :drunk:........and that's the end of this story

·
Registered
540 Posts

Good Luck with you new Tahoe. It is a nice vehicle. We to looked at the Tahoe while I was having my Silverado serviced,but my wife was hooked on the Acadia.

Bobby

·
Registered
4 Posts

Just picked my Acadia up on Saturday after 2 months of soul searching. I let go of my 05 Escalade and thought about the 09 vs the Yukon vs the Acadia. For an everyday driver with 2 kids the Acadia won hands down, the ride, size, and GAS mileage helped the choice.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

Thorljb said:
Just picked my Acadia up on Saturday after 2 months of soul searching. I let go of my 05 Escalade and thought about the 09 vs the Yukon vs the Acadia. For an everyday driver with 2 kids the Acadia won hands down, the ride, size, and GAS mileage helped the choice.
And it's a Red Jewel to boot! ;) (sorry jsimms, I had to)

Welcome to the forum. :welcome: Hope you find it to not only be an excellent source of information, but entertainment as well.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

Web Raven said:
Thorljb said:
And it's a Red Jewel to boot! ;) (sorry jsimms, I had to)

Welcome to the forum. :welcome: Hope you find it to not only be an excellent source of information, but entertainment as well.
No worries; and there is definitely some entertainment here :D

·
Registered
13 Posts

Just bought an 2009 SLT-1 in Red Jewel with ebony leather. Couldn't be happier! Turned in my 2005 Tahoe LT (leased). The Acadia is a better ride (by far), has a 3rd row that people can actually sit in, and has more cargo space than my Tahoe. Picked it up yesterday.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts

NYPDBlue2 said:
Just bought an 2009 SLT-1 in Red Jewel with ebony leather. Couldn't be happier! Turned in my 2005 Tahoe LT (leased). The Acadia is a better ride (by far), has a 3rd row that people can actually sit in, and has more cargo space than my Tahoe. Picked it up yesterday.
Another Red Jewel owner; there are a lot of them here. :welcome: :police:

We all hope you find this site informational and we try and keep the mood light and fun. The search portion of this site if filled with a lot of information.

Welcome again and we all look forward to some pics if you get a chance

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts

NYPDBlue2 said:
Welcome! And of course congratulations on your new Acadia. :)

Us Red Jewels don't need a club because really what we're planning on is taking over the entire forum... >:D

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

NYPDBlue2 said:
Ditto the welcome. We made the same choice for much the same reason insofar as the third row. The Durango we sold had more third seat room than the larger Tahoe/Yukon, but less than the smaller appearing Acadia.

Nice user name BTW. :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts

Thanks to all for the welcome. Already found lots of great info on here.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts

Web Raven said:
NYPDBlue2 said:
Welcome! And of course congratulations on your new Acadia. :)

Us Red Jewels don't need a club because really what we're planning on is taking over the entire forum... >:D
Congrats! That color combo is really nice if I can say so myself.

Web, let me know when we attack, mine already looks like it has gone through a take over.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Another newbie here, I just picked up a new 09 Acadia. I even traded in my toyota tundra. Now if I could just figure out what all these buttons do!

·
Registered
533 Posts

Socal Acadia said:
Another newbie here, I just picked up a new 09 Acadia. I even traded in my toyota tundra. Now if I could just figure out what all these buttons do!
SoCal...

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll be glued to your new Acadia most of the weekend trying to figure it all out. The books help, so get comfortable, find a good XM channel to listen to, and get that book broken in! Little by little you'll start to figure it all out. Have fun!

Smooth[/color] <><

P.S. Make sure to add the options to your profile so that we can see what you've got in your new car.[/color]

·
Registered
624 Posts

Congrats to all the new Acadia owners and welcome to the lambda family! :cheers: And congrats as well to the OP on the new Tahoe. Thanks for buying American and buying GM! I am seriously thinking about personalizing my license plate to read "Buy GM" or "Save GM" or "GM USA". I am as big a cheerleader for the survival of GM and US auto manufacturing as you will find!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got my Acadia in Jan and we got stuck in a snow bank, 2 miles form our house, I had a G6.I went on Jan 19th 2009 and bought a brand new 2009 Jewel Red Acadia,I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blob: :angel: :cheers: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
533 Posts
snoopysmom said:
I got my Acadia in Jan and we got stuck in a snow bank, 2 miles form our house, I had a G6.I went on Jan 19th 2009 and bought a brand new 2009 Jewel Red Acadia,I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blob: :angel: :cheers: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Snoopysmom,

Welcome to the Forum. Glad you're liking your new Acadia. I was driving this weekend in my '09 talking w/ my brother on the bluetooth. I've had mine since Oct. 20th. I had to tell my brother (again) how much I love driving my Acadia ;D I'm sure you'll learn plenty from the great content of this forum.

Smooth[/color] <><

1 - 19 of 19 Posts