GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received the following from a dealer in the Denver area. I know people have ordered, but was wondering if anyone else had heard this.

"Mr Allen,

To Advance purchase an 09 Acadia you would need to wait until about August or September due to the Axle Strike Production on the 09's has been delayed GM will not start producing the until then."

·
Registered
262 Posts
Re: New 09 Order Info??

That's an interesting response indeed. For what its worth, my dealer told me yesterday that my '09 order had already been picked up by GM and "preferenced"......which I equate to an order status code of 2500. Here's a reference of what the codes mean...

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=29.0

In the end we are all susceptible to our salesmen blowing smoke up our skirts, so I guess we'll give it a few more weeks and see what's really going on. I'll post back here if my order status code keeps progressing and that way we'll have an idea of if what that dealer was trying to tell you is correct or not.

ahhh....the wait. :comfort:

·
Registered
347 Posts

ColoradoGM, I am surprised and concerned about what you heard from that dealer. I, as I am sure, many others were counting on production to start in a few days. Hopefully the information is incorrect. Otherwise, there are a bunch of people on this site and around the country who will be very disappointed. If I hear anything to either confirm that information or refute it, I will post it here. :sosad: :confused: ::)

Who knows . . . perhaps that's the reason my dealer hasn't responded to my inquiries about my order. GM ought to just come right out and give it's potential customers the truth. :angryfire: :mad:

Anyone else hear anything like this?

Hey there JonTon! I was just getting ready to post this and realized that you had just posted. Thanks for updating your situation. Congrats of the 2500. :thumb:

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yeah, I don't know who to believe. I've had three dealers say they can place orders and two dealers say they won't even get allocation until August or September. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Re: New 09 Order Info, No Orders Until September or August??

FWIW, GM's Order Management Report (updated June 5th) lists MY (model year) 2008 build out on July 19th and MY 2009 Start Up on July 21st. But take this with a grain (or pound) of salt as this has been changed many times :drunk:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Re: New 09 Order Info, No Orders Until September or August??

GeoHawk said:
FWIW, GM's Order Management Report (updated June 5th) lists MY (model year) 2008 build out on July 19th and MY 2009 Start Up on July 21st. Buy take this with a grain (or pound) of salt that this has been changed many times :drunk:
Yeah and somewhere in there they have to insert a 2-week stand down at the plant for re-tooling. So either they back off the July 19th date a couple of weeks for finishing the 08's early or it would appear the 09 builds don't start until early August....

Maybe the additional month I wasn't expecting to wait on purchasing this vehicle will give me time to come up with more down payment $$$ to compensate for how expensive those cooled seats are gonna wind up costing me... :sosad: :D

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=3626.msg49318;topicseen#new

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know this isn't the buick forum, but I just recieved the folowing from Buick about the 09.
Dear Mr. Allen,

Thank you for contacting Buick and for your interest in the 2009 Buick
Enclave! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

The 2009 Buick Enclave is scheduled to start production on June 16,
2008. Generally, it takes about 6-8 weeks once a vehicle starts
production for vehicles to begin arriving at dealerships. However, we recommend
speaking with your preferred Buick dealership for a specific timeframe
for when 2009 Enclave models will arrive in your area. Additionally,
http://www.buick.com is scheduled to be updated with 2009 Enclave
information in mid August 2008. Once the website is updated, you will be
able to view features and specifications, build and price, and locate
2009 Enclave models in your area.

Changes to the Buick Enclave for the 2009 model year include:

-Exterior color Platinum Metallic deleted
-Exterior color Blue-Gold Crystal Metallic deleted
-Exterior color Quicksilver Metallic added
-Exterior color Silver Green Metallic added
-Real Time Traffic XM added
-Bluetooth phone interface added
-Seats, heated and cooled driver and front passenger added
-Engine, 3.6L Variable Valve Timing V-6 SIDI Direct Injection added
-Optional Rearview camera system added to inside rearview mirror
-Entertainment Package #1 no longer includes 6-CD changer
-110-volt port power inverter is now in all Entertainment Packages and
has been removed from the (PCK) Luxury Package
-Driver Confidence Package now includes (UVC) Rearview camera system

If you are not currently working with a Buick dealership in your area
and you would like to locate one, an easy way to do so is by using the
Locate Dealer web tool on http://www.buick.com. We suggest scheduling a
test drive as well when available. There is nothing like a test drive
to help you make that ultimate decision!

At Buick, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can
be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-422-8425,
between 8:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time, seven days a week.
Thank you for contacting Buick!

Sincerely,

The Buick Marketing Team
http://www.buick.com

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks coloradoGM, I'm just guessing that information coincides with when new production of the Acadias will begin. Hopefully, the GMC people will send out some information regarding their production schedule. The option additions and deletions are the same for the 2009 Acadia based on information I saw earlier. :)

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I couldn't get GMC to respond, but I assume since they are coming from the same plant that they will start production at the same time.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I heard the plant will be down only one week which I assume will be the 4th of July week and then they will come back and build out the 2008's. Not sure if that means the 2009's will start production mid July or later. There must be some time for changeover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts