GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I purchase my 2018 GMC Acadia in November 2018 with 20 miles.In January 2019 I started hearing a buzzing clicking sound coming from the steering column, I brought it back to the dealership who told me that they found a tag on one of the parts that was used to assembled the vehicle and they removed it so the noise should go away.

Two days later the noise came back I brought the vehicle back into the dealership and they said that they did not hear the noise, after 4 hours I took my vehicle home.

I continue hearing the sound but I did not return right away (I just recorded the sound) to the dealership after awhile the noise was constant so I took it back I sat with the vehicle for 2 hours and they came back and told me that the noise was coming from a loose seat (this is a brand new vehicle) and the track on the moon roof which they fixed and told me I am good to go.

When I got back in the vehicle as soon as I start it up the noise was back again I called the technician to come outside and sit in my vehicle so he can hear the noise he said he did not hear anything I told him that the noise is there and they need to keep the vehicle in the shop and figure out what was wrong they told me if I leave the vehicle I would be change with storage and they can’t give me loaner vehicle because my vehicle is safe to drive.

So I took home my vehicle again and called GM customer services and the next day I got a call from the dealership asking me to bring my vehicle in they took the vehicle and keep it for 3 days in which they told me that they heard the noise but they don’t know what is wrong with it and they have to wait for GM to send a field tech to figure it out. 2 Weeks later no call so I called and spoke with the service manager who told me that he was sick and he would get back in touch with me.

I got a call from him this morning 4/11/2019 stating that the field rep came and they hear the noise they don’t know what it is they search the entire united states and I am the only one with this issue and they don’t know how to fix it and I would have to wait until it happens to someone else and they can build a case at that time to fix the vehicle and he is sorry and he know that is not what I want to hear but that’s the best he can do for me.

This car is brand new and I should not be told that a vehicle that I have is unfixable and still be comfortable with this vehicle.

July 2019 after 2 weeks in the shop my car finally got fixed the complaint was when the vehicle was assembled they did not well the a/c door together properly so it broke off and was damaging other stuff.

Fast forward today 9/19/2019 my car is back in the shop again because my tire pressure gauge is telling me that I am driving on 13 and 24 psi daily and when I check the gauge at the tire shop my tires are fine, new error message "shift to park", every time I stop the vehicle and put it in park the message saying that the vehicle is not in park been like this for 2 weeks now also my transmission struggles to go in 2nd gear from 1st and 2nd to 3rd I am so over this car I want to get rid of it but I owe too much right now, I SHOULD HAVE KEPT MY MAZDA never had any issues.....GM WILL NEVER GET ANOTHER DIME OF MY MONEY AGAIN.

Hopefully I can get rid of this car before the warranty expires because I KNOW it will be in the shop AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. THIS IS A CERTIFIED LEMON

·
Super Moderator
18,629 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry to read about the issues you're having with the Acadia.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I feel your pain. We pay so much money for these cars and we really need them to be reliable. It's such a downer when you encounter problems right off the bat like you have.

Question for you, though: you said you thought the "buzzing/clicking" noise was coming from the steering column, but the fix ended up being something with the A/C door?? Could you clarify that for future forum members?

As for the other stuff, maybe you've got a bad TPMS sensor in a wheel (causing the inaccurate tire pressure readings). It would be unusual for such a new vehicle, but not impossible. And the "Shift-To-Park" issue is well-known and there's a fix for it. Disappointing, I know ... but these things happen when you're building hundreds of thousands of automobiles on an assembly line and parts are coming in from multiple sources.

Of course - nobody wants these kinds of aggravations; we all want our new cars to run flawlessly for at least the first 100,000 miles ... but it doesn't always happen that way.

I look at it this way: as long as it's not a problem with the "major mechanicals" (engine or transmission), I can cope with it.

It's like having a new home built and finding out a shutter is falling off, or a door is sticking. Yeah, you're not happy about it, and it's annoying - because it's brand new and it's supposed to be right, but nobody (and nothing) is perfect. However - tell me the foundation on my brand new house is cracking and we're gonna have a BIG problem!

So the only thing you've mentioned that would actually concern me is your comment about the transmission (because that's a major mechanical component) - but maybe the vehicle is being thrown into "Limp Mode" due to another issue? I'd be focusing on the transmission issue, for sure.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m sorry to hear your having issues with your Acadia. I have a 2018 Denali FWD and had the same issue with the shift to park message. My dealer replaced the transmission control (shifter) assembly under Warranty and I haven’t had the issue since. Take a look at bulletin 18-NA-297 for the details. Correcting the bulletin may also resolve your other transmission issues. It takes about 4 hours to correct the bulletin so hopefully after you get through these issues the rest of your time with the car will be trouble free.

The only other issue I had with mine was a water leak in the rear window when going through a car wash. The dealer replaced a seal in the upper brake light and it’s been much better.

Robert

·
Registered
329 Posts
I hope that shift to park issue has been resolved on 2019s. You'd think they installed any updated shifter at the factory by now.
Oh well .. we have a 5 year 60,000 mile factory warranty. GM is now selling a 2 year extension on GM vehicles factory bumper to bumper warranty at time of sale.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I hope that shift to park issue has been resolved on 2019s. You'd think they installed any updated shifter at the factory by now.
Oh well .. we have a 5 year 60,000 mile factory warranty. GM is now selling a 2 year extension on GM vehicles factory bumper to bumper warranty at time of sale.
“You’d think” ... but it didn’t work out that way over at the other forum (LOL!)

So - if you have the 5-year, 60,000, are you saying you bought that new two year extension on the bumper-to-bumper warranty?

·
Registered
329 Posts
“You’d think” ... but it didn’t work out that way over at the other forum (LOL!)

So - if you have the 5-year, 60,000, are you saying you bought that new two year extension on the bumper-to-bumper warranty?
Yes we did. I had checked on other warranties and most still do not cover all the "little things" like a radio, A/C coil, and certain cooling system and suspension issues. Plus, I checked ahead knowing the dealer would offer some Zurick, GMEPP, or other warranty for more money than what the extension cost.
And. . . there is no paper work. It is added right onto factory warranty.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yes we did. I had checked on other warranties and most still do not cover all the "little things" like a radio, A/C coil, and certain cooling system and suspension issues. Plus, I checked ahead knowing the dealer would offer some Zurick, GMEPP, or other warranty for more money than what the extension cost.
And. . . there is no paper work. It is added right onto factory warranty. View attachment 8866
Wow! Sounds good! You really got yourself a great deal! I had a FL dealer contacting me trying to close a deal on an SLE-2 recently, but his numbers were terrible. I use your Laura numbers as my yardstick, but it might be a while before those numbers come back - if they ever do...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issues. We have a 2017 Acadia Denali and have the same issue sometimes with the transmission shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Dealer has reprogramed the transmission but that hasn't worked yet...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know how you feel. Since I bought my 2017 Acadia Denali, I have spent more time in a loaner car than in my own car. I'm so glad for all the new owners that get the 2020 because they should get the corrected version of the cars we got after the redesign. The dealerships can't ever seem to fix any issues either, even if you show a video of what is wrong. They are "not able to recreate" them when the car is at the dealer, but as soon as I pull out of the service area it's doing what I complained about. I now can get in the car and drive to work and when I get there hit the button to turn it off and then it doesn't turn off. Instead I get a message on the dash screen saying no keyfob detected and the car stays running. Yet, it was there the whole time I drove to work or wherever I go. I have to press the button multiple times and open the door just to get it to shut off, but taking it back to the dealer is useless. I had a new 2014 cadillac srx premium which had tons of problems so I thought I would try the new acadia when it came out, but GM was a big mistake. I have never had a GM car except these two and I can't say I will again.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I ended up purchasing the GEMPP warranty from another dealership right before the factory B2B warranty expired. It doesn’t show up on the My GMC site bit the dealer says it doesn’t always update that site and they see it when they enter in my VIN.

I’m sorry you are having these issues. The Acadia is overpriced but overall it’s a good vehicle. We have had our share of warranty claims. Shift to park, both sunroof shades, ABS sensor, backup camera to name a few.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’m sorry to hear your having issues with your Acadia. I have a 2018 Denali FWD and had the same issue with the shift to park message. My dealer replaced the transmission control (shifter) assembly under Warranty and I haven’t had the issue since. Take a look at bulletin 18-NA-297 for the details. Correcting the bulletin may also resolve your other transmission issues. It takes about 4 hours to correct the bulletin so hopefully after you get through these issues the rest of your time with the car will be trouble free.

The only other issue I had with mine was a water leak in the rear window when going through a car wash. The dealer replaced a seal in the upper brake light and it’s been much better.

Robert
By replacing the seal in the upper brake light and you say it's been much better. Has it stopped leaking or leaking much less? Best of Luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
It’s leaking less but that is when I go through a car wash. I haven’t been through a heavy downpour yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Maybe this is a good place too insert my two cents. If you’re on the fence about purchasing an extended Warranty, DO IT! My 2017 with 22000 miles on it decided it was time to have a new rear evaporator. The cost of that and a rear window washer that crapped out would have cost me...........READY? $3336. By the way 2/3 of which was labor.
My point is it has already paid for itself. Do yourself a favor and look into one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts