GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace our factory white fog light bulbs with a set of amber ones but I need to find out what teh bulb number is anyone have it?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I bought these Putco bulbs.

http://putco.com/product/A002/

I was going a different way and got the Ion Spark White, hoping to get a whiter light to go with the HIDs. I don't think they made any difference.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kantkwit said:
I bought these Putco bulbs.

http://putco.com/product/A002/

I was going a different way and got the Ion Spark White, hoping to get a whiter light to go with the HIDs. I don't think they made any difference.
Thanks I will have to see if anyone around here carries those.

·
Registered
134 Posts
DSNY FN said:
I want to replace our factory white fog light bulbs with a set of amber ones but I need to find out what teh bulb number is anyone have it?
I was thinking the same thing.. HID's and Amber Fog! I just checked out the PIAA website and i'm disappointed to find out they Don't have the bulb size or have one available. :angryfire:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Does an amber fog light work any better than a white one? Just curious. :)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Maybe it'll attract less bugs. :)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
GAR said:
You're a funny guy.

Seriously though, there must be a reason why one would want to use amber lights over white lights. I think they'd probably be easier on the eyes of oncoming drivers. Personally, I think those really "blue" looking lights are insane. They hurt my eyes when I see them. :-\ And it's like a "deer in headlights" effect, you can't look away. LOL

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Web Raven said:
GAR said:
You're a funny guy.

Seriously though, there must be a reason why one would want to use amber lights over white lights. I think they'd probably be easier on the eyes of oncoming drivers. Personally, I think those really "blue" looking lights are insane. They hurt my eyes when I see them. :-\ And it's like a "deer in headlights" effect, you can't look away. LOL
With Amber lights when driving in teh fog you do not get the intense glare off the fog that you do with a white light. I am also swapping out my high beam lights for amber.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
DSNY FN said:
Web Raven said:
GAR said:
You're a funny guy.

With Amber lights when driving in teh fog you do not get the intense glare off the fog that you do with a white light. I am also swapping out my high beam lights for amber.
Huh, amber high beams too. Are they as effective? Better yet, are they legal? I guess since it's just your high beams and not regular headlights, it wouldn't matter.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Web Raven said:
DSNY FN said:
Web Raven said:
GAR said:
You're a funny guy.

Huh, amber high beams too. Are they as effective? Better yet, are they legal? I guess since it's just your high beams and not regular headlights, it wouldn't matter.
With it being high beams it isn't an issue if it was the low beams it would be very illegal. The other thing the amber lights are good for is when it is snowing you don't get nearly the glare from the snow with amber as you do with white.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sylvania 5202, I haven't found them yet.
They are a upgrade replacement white bulb (not really fog"Yellow/Amber")
I'm buying Piaa 510s Amber and having them installed below the stock lights (cut out the blank square in the facia)

·
Registered
134 Posts
What ever happened? DSNY FN did you ever find the bulb 5202?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
DSNY is not on much anymore; anyone else know the number?

·
Registered
110 Posts
if you google it, you get the putco bulbs.
Looks like they have several color options through "stylintrucks.com" for $36.99

I would think the "ion spark" would be close to the HID color
I do not know how yellow the "jet yellow" will be. I always think of the old Lexus ES yellow fogs. I don't think these will give that intensity.

also:
http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4251.msg60373#msg60373

after further review, people on the avalanche forums state that they are not bright and a disappointment

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
kantkwit said:
Here is a picure of the Putco Ion Spark White with factory HIDs.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z114/kantkwit/20080521_06.jpg
Putco has a fog light bulb 23001NB Nitro Blue 6000k( H16 12v 37.5w). The book says Exclusive to Putco 2007 current GM fog light bulb- current GM vehicle to produce the brightest light possible. (fog light bulbs)

The Ion spark white is same specs but 3800k.. The picture posted still has a yellow glow. Anyone try the Nitro Blue? Check out the Putco site for L.E.D Lights.

Bobby

·
Registered
125 Posts
blulytes said:
your thoughts on the bulbs???
I really am not convinced they are any brighter than factory. Although I've noticed I get flashed more if I have the foglights on.

DeForger is correct, compared to the HIDs, they still look yellow.

·
Registered
540 Posts
kantkwit said:
blulytes said:
your thoughts on the bulbs???
I really am not convinced they are any brighter than factory. Although I've noticed I get flashed more if I have the foglights on.

DeForger is correct, compared to the HIDs, they still look yellow.
I think my lights are ok as far as brightness. I just want to get that H.I.D look in the fog/driving lights. I just throws off the appearance.

Bobby

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've thought of trying the blue ones, but the cost ($30), and the effort it takes to change them is enough discourage me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts