GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Denali AWD White Diamond Tricoat, 13k miles
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2018 Denali with only 13k miles on it. Beautiful vehicle. One minor problem is, there is only one keyfob. I am searching for a replacement and do not have any desire to pay dealer price. There are several listings on Ebay but I do not know which one to get. I guess the first question I need to ask, is where do I get informationon the keyfob? I am going to ask the salesman to contact the previous owner to see if they happen tp know where the other keyfob went to.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I personally would get a factory GM fob. If you truly just bought it, I would insist the dealer provide a second fob.

·
Super Moderator
21,713 Posts
I personally would get a factory GM fob. If you truly just bought it, I would insist the dealer provide a second fob.
+1 The dealer should have received both fobs from the previous owner as part of the trade, or replaced/programmed fobs for the vehicle before they put it out for sale.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Perhaps he didn't purchase from a dealer. Regardless I agree:
-Try to find the PO
-Purchase a FOB from a dealer (how much more is it?)

·
Super Moderator
21,713 Posts
'Wheeler dealer' or GM dealer - what does it matter? LOL Mention of a "salesman" suggests some type formal organization.

·
Super Moderator
21,713 Posts
... I guess the first question I need to ask, is where do I get informationon the keyfob? ...
You can ask a GM dealer, or go on a GM parts site and look for an RKE transmitter (key fob). Those are your best choices if the 'salesman' is no help to you. Information about programming another transmitter should be in your owners manual. Don't forget there's a hidden door key in the fob which must be matched to the vehicle, too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The fob most likely needs programming so an ebay one will not work. Go on a local classifieds like Craigslist and find a keysmith who can do it. Lots of them here in NY.

·
Registered
2018 Acadia - Burgundy, 2 Row All Terrain
40 Posts
I purchased a second FOB for my 2018 Acadia on eBay. The seller was 1midatlanticlocksmith (32550) I was able to very easily program it with the instructions in the Acadia User Manual. My dealer charged me $10 to cut the emergency key. All in all I found it to be a simple and very economical approach to getting a second FOB.

·
Registered
2018 Denali AWD White Diamond Tricoat, 13k miles
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I too purchased a keyfob off ebay that is guaranteed to be programmable so if it fails, I can return it. The salesman said that they would program a second fob when I brought it in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts