GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I ordered an Acadia for my wife on 3/30. I found this forum (very helpful BTW!) and found the thread on checking on status codes. I called last week (1-800-462-8782) and after many transfers etc. finally got code 3000. I figured the process was difficult because it was my first time calling. I patiently waited (and it wasn't easy ;) ) until today to call for an update. This time was worse. The case number was closed??? The person who helped me last week is no longer there ???? etc. etc. I was on hold for over half an hour, spoke to three different people and even got disconnected. And I never did get the status code. Can anybodey tell me what I am doing wrong? Am I calling the wrong number? TIA!

ETA: I got a call back from GMC stating the production date will be 4/16 (next Monday) but they could not provide a status code. Does this sound right or are they stringing me along? Also if correct, anyone have any idea how long from production date to actual delivery?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well I've asked for a status code thee times.

First time: called my dealer; he just said he'd let me know when things were closer. I didn't push it.

Second time: called GM. Big mistake. On hold forever. They told me they would have to put me on hold while they called my dealer (huh?) and then they ended up talking to someone else and finally came back to me. The eventual answer after holding a LONG time? The order had been received but that's all they could tell me.

Third time: 2 or 3 days ago. Stopped in at the dealer on the way home from work and asked to find out the status. The guy sitting at his computer popped open a window, scrolled down to my order number and told me it's been built. I asked if it was 3800 and he said yes. (I didn't actually see that code anywhere.)

So if feasible, I would just drive over to your dealer and ask them to pull it up on the screen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts