GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just won bid on OEM deck dvd/mp3/c.d of ebay went to dealer to get put in and they said that it will not play my dvd . So basically what i'm asking did I just waist my money on this unit or can someone point me in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I take it this is the head unit/deck with the touch screen (i.e. navigation)? If so, there were two different models- one was for use w/o the rear DVD player and will not play a DVD. It uses a DVD for navigation only. The other is for use w/ the rear DVD player and will play a DVD in the deck.

There are also different versions of the radio insofar as lighting for different vehicles (Enclave, Outlook).

If you can post a part number of what you have, more info should be available.

EDIT
I've created a sticky post here for radio codes and part numbers:
Acadia radio codes/ID/part numbers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GMC ACADIA CD DVD MP3 RADIO. THIS RADIO WAS REMOVED IN ORDER TO BE REPLACED WITH A NAVIGATION RADIO. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT MINT CONDITION READY TO GO. AGAIN, IT IS A DVD CD AND MP3 TUNER. SHIPPING IS $15 IN THE US. OUTSIDE THE US IS $35. THANK YOU.

CAME OUT OF GMC ACADIA VIN NUMBER: 1GKER33717J162346

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
The vin number might allow GEOHAWK to check and see what it really can do. But there should be a part number on the head unit itself. See if you can get that.....

As far as the ebay description you posted... Sellers can say whatever they want about a product, sometimes it is true but sometimes it is false.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I Googled the ebay ad using the words provided and found it on ebay (item # 330327924423). It would be helpful when posting here to provide basic info like the item number so it is not so difficult for members to help you when you have a question (see also the tips in my signature- I use these daily). See also how to update your signature in Blues Clues so we know what it is going into (more on this later).

By the VIN provided, it is from a 2007 Acadia SLT2.

In the first attached photo, the model # shown is 25776635. This does not cross over in the thread or at the Radios & more link there. The button on the lower right looks to be marked DVD/CD/AUX, and the radio has two disk slots.

I downloaded the 2007 owner's manual from the forum link here and looked at radio info. On page 268, the base radio is shown. It does not have the DVD/CD/AUX button, only CD/AUX and has only one disk slot. On page 278 is the DVD radio used with the rear seat entertainment (overhead screen) system. It has the DVD/CD/AUX button like the one in the auction and has two disk slots. There is no picture of the 6 disk radio/changer, but since it does not play DVDs, I suspect it would not have a DVD button either.

I went to GM Parts Direct and input the model # as a part #. It said it had been replaced. The part # that came up when I put it in my cart was 25840248. I can't find much info on this other than it is the most expensive non-navigation radio of the three offered for the 2007 Acadia. I don't have a 2007 ordering guide to look at, but for 2008 the SLT2 came stock with the 6 disk CD changer (US9), which was changed to the UVA DVD radio if the overhead DVD (option code U42) was ordered.

A big unknown is what you are putting this into. You omit this info in your post, and also your signature (I'm not judging, just trying to help). If you are putting this into a 2007-08 Acadia, it would indeed play a DVD on the factory overhead screen DVD system. Of course, if your Acadia has the overhead screen DVD system, you already have this radio. If your Acadia does not have the overhead screen system, the radio will do you no good since while it would play a DVD, there would be no screen to display the image.

Only the navigation radios have a display screen upon which to watch a DVD, and only one of these will play a DVD (see my sticky thread linked in my first reply).

Synopsis:
Concluding it is the DVD radio from 2007. More info is needed to say if it will work in your situation.

What bonk said about ebay is the gospel. ALWAYS research any expensive item purchase before bidding- it will save both you and the seller a lot of headache. I no longer sell there due to uninformed buyers that would snipe items w/ no research and then after doing some research after the fact refuse to pay for them. I'm also naturally suspicious of any sellers that type in ALL CAPS.

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
I took a look at the radio I removed from the wife's car w/rear seat entertainment, and it's the same one. While you won't be able to watch a movie, it might be able to read a DVD disc burned with MP3 songs (I never actually tried it). I know the nav radio will, and the track information shows up on the display. If this particular radio is the same, a disc will hold several hundred tracks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts