GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I need your help I have a tube/hose that broke and I'm not sure what part it is, I have attached a picture of what broke. It is on a 2012 GMC Acadia. I wanted to see if it is something I can replace myself without having to take it to the shop.

TIA
White Light Automotive tire Textile Sneakers

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Is that broken part on the intake manifold? It looks like maybe part of a PCV or vacuum line.The plastic part can be removed by turning it about 1/4 turn and pulling it out. That may make it easier to repair before splicing.

You might be able to patch it with a couple of hose clamps and a fitting or piece of tubing to stick into the rubber hose.
Try taking the picture into an Auto supply store or even a Home supply store in the plumbing department. If you can find a person with even a bit of savvy they may be able to help.

You will need to make a clean cut of the jagged part of the plastic tube to make a clean edge to splice to.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I agree it looks like the PCV line. Not that expensive of a part. Probably a pain in the butt to change.

·
Super Moderator
22,619 Posts
That looks like it could be a transfer case vent tube (see parts associated with no 3 in the diagram).
Organism Motor vehicle Font Style Art

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Hoping he returns and lets us all know if any of this has helped as well as what he ultimately does.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
on my 2013 3.6 (Equinox)- the image shows that this connector/hose- goes towards the firewall- I believe it connects to the PCV valve.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Acadia SLT1 "Andy"
76 Posts
I'd get 3 3/8 hose clamps, a piece of 3/8 or 1/2 hose, union for the 2 hoses. Cut the jagged piece off.
Cut off a chunk of thr new hose.. put the union in the old hose. Slide new hose onto the union. Clamp both hoses. Thr new hose goes to the plastic pipe. Slide it over the plastic hose (will be difficult. So take time and maybe a Lil bit of soap for a lube) and tighten the Clamp.

I had to do this when I put the catch cans on the traverse and acadia. A hardware store or the big box building stores should have everything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts