GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CAR bogs out for 3rd time yes 3rd and transmission light comes on again.!!!!!!!!
« on: Today at 08:44:04 PM »

ok now I am extremely pissed!!!!!
i was driving home during rush hour on a very busy one lane street.
i was the first one inline at a light to cross an intersection.
I started out across the intersection and then it happened again for THE 3 TIME IN A MONTH!!!!!!!!!(car 10 weeks old )lil over 2300 mi)
the car just bogged out and drifted across the intersection .i kept pushing the gas and nothing.the car was still in a small idle though.
then it started shifting all over the place but, i was still not getting anywhere.i was almost in four accidents due to the fact i was stuck in the middle of an intersection now .i kept restarting(in a panic) hoping the car would maybe reset somehow but, it didnt .everytime i did,
i would get nudged a couple feet forward by the engine and eventually after 5minutes made it into a driveway.the car also was not going into low when i shifted.
funny about ten minutes before that i felt some bumpy shifts
i just got the car back from my dealer service this past monday.all he did was clean a selinoid???
Now i'm on fire!!!i called onstar and all they said was 2 transmission probs
1 transmissiong not getting power?
2 may effect performance . well DUH! thank you onstar.

onstar is it giving you some sort of code??? No thanks for nothing

after sitting there waiting to be picked up i started the car a couple times and it all of a sudden everything was working fine except tran light still on.i drove home . called my dealer.
and gave my sale person hell .i spoke to the manager of the dealership and gave him hell also told him everything and said i will be at service 8am and if i get it back
and it happens one more time .he'll have a show in the showroom alright starring me.i also told him i want the car delivered to wherever i am tomorrow when and finished.i also want the trouble codes form the tech.
This is an absolute disgrace.This is our premiere american CUV? yeah right.i went from wanting it and loving it to not being able to rely on it.the other 2 times were on long trips.
i have one this weekend also and a 5 hour one the following one how can i trust this vehicle now?

This is all a bunch of Bull Sht!!!!!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Wow! That is frustrating! I think its a pretty isolated problem though. I have had no issues with my Acadia, it has 2500 miles on it. I think there was one other poster on here with a similar issue. I think they has to replace the transmssion computer or some such thing

·
Registered
123 Posts
i live in california and am glad the lemon laws stick here. i would not allow anyone to replace my transmisson, computer or anything in that catagory on a brand new car. they would definitely be replacing my entire car and to make sure they gave me a different car. I would either get a different color or keep the car until my new one arrives.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Lemon it and buy something else.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Based on this post, you're not even close to a lemon yet. The best I can tell it's on the 1st trip to be repaired. Nor can I see why you are giving such grief to your dealer (at this time). Did you have it repaired after the 1st 2 incidents?

Granted, you don't expect this in a new car, but I bet it can be fixed easily enough. New car does not = perfect car. I rented a Chryser 300 a couple years back that had 2 miles on it. The **** engine blew up in the freggin desert after 50 miles. What a shame. They brought me one with 13000 miles than ran like a top.

Good luck, and I hope they can repair it for you.

·
Registered
180 Posts
joe-drum: Very sorry to hear of your situation. It is very frustrating to have these sorts of problems on a new and expensive vehicle. We just traded my wife's Saab 9-5 wagon in with 45k miles. During that time it was towed to the dealer three times. It was a shame because I really enjoyed driving it, but didn't want to own it out of warranty. The dealer took good care of us, and none of the repairs cost us anything out of pocket, but it didn't make me want to keep it or buy another.

I hope your situation improves so you can enjoy it. Good luck, Erik

·
Registered
956 Posts
I understand your anger and your frustration, but yelling at everyone in the dealership is not going to fix the car. They did not engineer or build the car, they only sold it and I'm sure they didn't purposely sell you a lemon. What you want them to see when they deal with you is a logical, rationale and intelligent person. This will get you far better results than just coming unglued at everyone you talk to. Be firm but diplomatic.

Today cars are very complex. All it takes is one small componet to cause a big problem. Look at the space shuttle with all the millions of dollars that are spent in making it safe and reliable and yet how often is a launch scrubbed due to one malfunction that got by every quality control inspector along the line and didn't show up until the day of the launch. Now think of the Acadia where hundreds are built a day at a price point where the average joe can afford one, and you can understand that not everyone is going to be perfect. With all that being said I would be just as upset as you are and would want the problem to be resolved on the first visit to the dealership and I hope this happens for you.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Well said Craig. These kinds of problems exist with virtually every manufacturer. Being calm and logical will get you to the finish line faster.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Yupper, approaching it in a professional manner will result in better understanding. Have the Service Mgr or one of his assts. drive it for a week after they think has been fixed for the 3rd time. Worked for me 1998. Also, what may get results is to have the dealer contact the area GM rep to meet you at the dealership to go over the situation. This has worked too. Good luck with the dealer and GMC. Sorry!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
update>>>>>>>
here is where we are .car still in service waiting for part from GM.
here is the code if anyone knows.......

p0797 pcsol3stuckon

PC solenoid module

·
Registered
159 Posts
Joe-drum: sounds like they are making some progress at least. I would be upset too. Got a few small issues myself, have a part on order (sensor). I have to say, my dealer's lead technician does a lot of research before I come in and tries to be as informed as possible about my problem, or upcoming/potential issues brought forward by GM (the latest issue with the AC unit). They made progress during my visit last week, and I"ll be back when the part comes in.

I hope for you as well, things move quickly and smoothly. But I sure do understand how you feel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts