GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife has had the acadia (2007 SLE) for about 9 months now.. i never noticed that her acadia has the same neat little convenience feature i have on my vw gti (which i recently got a month ago). until yesterday...

we were driving towards long beach, ca to visit the aquarium of the pacific. when out of instinct i was doing quick taps on the turn signal lever to switch lanes. it would do 2 or 3 quick blinks and turn off. i was like wow i didn't know the acadia has that neat feature.

it's not like it would enhance your driving experience more than it is. but it's just cool to do the "taps" rather than engaging the turn signal all the way when doing a quick change of lanes.

i dunno if somebody else had noticed this before in their acadia. i did a search but nothing came up. so i figured i'd share it...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yep and if you have the Trailering Pkg and the tow haul mode on it will blink 6 times. ;D

·
Registered
294 Posts
wavygravy said:
my wife has had the acadia (2007 SLE) for about 9 months now.. i never noticed that her acadia has the same neat little convenience feature i have on my vw gti (which i recently got a month ago). until yesterday...

we were driving towards long beach, ca to visit the aquarium of the pacific. when out of instinct i was doing quick taps on the turn signal lever to switch lanes. it would do 2 or 3 quick blinks and turn off. i was like wow i didn't know the acadia has that neat feature.

it's not like it would enhance your driving experience more than it is. but it's just cool to do the "taps" rather than engaging the turn signal all the way when doing a quick change of lanes.

i dunno if somebody else had noticed this before in their acadia. i did a search but nothing came up. so i figured i'd share it...

Yeah, the first time I did this, I thought that there was something wrong with the turn signal switch. I guess the engineers thought that we didn't have time to hold up the lever while we were on our cell phones. It is a neat feature though.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
Yup - noticed it a while back. Nice little feature.!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
It is a neat feature, and one I will use more often than the wierd turn signal gimmick on my BMW M3. After owning the car for more than 3 years I discovered, by accident, that moving the turn signal lever left or right after turning off the ignition will illuminate the front and rear parking lights only on the side selected. Apparently a requirement for parking on the street in some European countries.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
The first time it happened, I didnt realize that it was suppose to do that, and thought it was broken. :eek:
I was ready to call the dealership. BUT, I checkedthe manual it says that in there.
DANG MANUALS!!!! just when you think you don't need to read em hahaha ;)

·
Registered
812 Posts
one of the nice features they derived from high end Lux cars like the Mercedes & Audi.... :thumb:

·
Registered
339 Posts
mrvids said:
I still like the heated windshield wiper fluid as my favorite option.
I thought that would be at the top of my list as well, however in the couple of months I've had my Acadia, I haven't had any need for it yet. This is likely due to the fact that I park in my garage at the house and park in a parking garage at work. Oh well, I'm sure it'll eventually come in very handy.

·
Registered
681 Posts
There has been a couple of days i have left work and there was a layer of ice on the windshield - 1 round of the heated washer fluid and I was on my way. :thumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like this feature as well, although it only works on the left-side. Not sure what the problem is to the right--the regular signal works just fine. Anyone else have this problem?

Jethro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts